Critique Weekend in Palermo

Edit My Images
Yes
Managed to take a break and have few days in Palermo - wonderful city. I hope I am posting this in the right section - I'd like to show you the pics I taken that I like most, and have some feedback on how to improve (or what not to do at all in future:D). Thanks for your time!

I'll break the post in two parts - street and architecture. Here I go with the street bit:

Vucciria
by Cadenela, on Flickr

Vucciria
by Cadenela, on Flickr

Carabinieri
by Cadenela, on Flickr

Ballaro'
by Cadenela, on Flickr

Ballaro' II
by Cadenela, on Flickr

I think some of these images could be improved by a crop, the first on the right hand side to remove the plastic bottle stack and the second to isolate the table scene a little more.

Good pics L8.

Image 1 I'd have preferred you to be about 30cm to the right when you took the shot, so you'd maintain the light & lines, but not have the bottles in frame. I very much like the rim lighting and mysterious shadows leading up the alley.

Image 2 is just a bit blurry from camera shake and focus seems to be about 2-3 meters in front of the food sellers. Verticals are obviously leaning, and straightening the image to the wall of the white building would help considerably. Crop-wise it's fine in the larger flickr size but in the smaller image the subjects are too small.

Image 3 - great focusing, use of DoF and composition. It would be fantastic if those people had not been present between the policemen (could you clone them out?).

Image 4 - there's no subject and the eye just wanders around. Raising the camera and moving in closer would help.

image 5 - Camera needed to be swung further left to get in more of the man and lose the distracting stuff on the right hand side. The tilted angle adds impact, but the composition lets it down.

Hope that's useful. :)

Last edited:
Back