weird science

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
My daughter is learning how plants take up water and so a daffodil has sat on the desk tonight gradually turning black as the ink in the water is sucked into the petals.
Well I couldn't not take a picture of that could I:D

Daffodil by NnG Photography, on Flickr

Think I may have to set this up properly and do some time lapse at some point(y)

Last edited:
Thanks Lee, it was interesting watching the ink bleed through the petals.

That is very good. Interesting subject too. what type of ink did you use ?

Nice shot. I used to do this when I was younger with food colouring! Looks great on the dafs with white petals! (not a clue what they are called!)

That's fab, would it work through any flower do you think???

What a great idea.

Love that effect, you can do this with carnations and roses (roses take longer) I used to use food colouring.

That is very good. Interesting subject too. what type of ink did you use ?

Thank you, this was just standard ink for an ink pen.

Really cool idea! May give this a go at the weekend :)
Thanks, I'm definitely going to give it another go too

Nice shot. I used to do this when I was younger with food colouring! Looks great on the dafs with white petals! (not a clue what they are called!)

Thanks, and yes Bethan was supposed to use food colouring but we didn't have any, so ink was the substitute

That's fab, would it work through any flower do you think???

What a great idea.

Love that effect, you can do this with carnations and roses (roses take longer) I used to use food colouring.

Thanks both and Jomantha it would appear Breezy has answered the question for us(y)

I remember doing it with red food colouring at school but the black ink looks really effective.

Thanks - do you think it would work with a lily?

Back