Welsh lanes

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
Did a bit of camping and green-laning in mid-Wales (I think, I wasn't navigating) last weekend. Had a serious problem with my car but managed to bodge it to allow me to carry on. Weather was glorious, camping was fantastic and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. As normal I took my camera along and got a few pics

1 first thing Sunday morning. campsite was in a shallow valley and we woke to some very misty surroundings
2576208314_1daf7fe42c_o.jpg

2 the bodge
2575383217_04c0bc7553_o.jpg

2575383535_7a94282909_o.jpg

2575384719_f6580d86f6_o.jpg

2576213728_697c56d78c_o.jpg

6 this particular lane had become very overgrown. Fortunately we had the necessary equipment to allow us to clear the path
2576216530_5cb555215e_o.jpg

2575389317_d491dc9950_o.jpg

2575390201_00a6a23c57_o.jpg

9 On a normal road that normal everyday cars use we came across a fallen tree, which had taken a few others with it. So we made that bit of road safe and passable too.
2575391903_a11727c986_o.jpg

There's a few more here too

Thanks for looking :)

Nice to see Chelsea tractors away from Chelsea. I like 8 the best by far. Number 2 may have saved your week end, I don't understand the technology, nor do I understand the photo.

Last edited:
Just thought it might be interesting for someone to see how we improvised a fix :) Thanks for your comments (y)

Lovely photos :) Where abouts in Mid Wales are the tracks? Im going with a couple of friends soon hopefully on a 4x4 weekend, cant wait :D

Thanks guys :) Romper, I'd love to be able to tell you where they were but unfortunately I wasn't navigating, just following. All I know is we went through Corwen and didn't quite reach Bala. If you find the lane that we pruned then please do post some pics! You'll know if you do - tightest of tight lanes you'll see!

Last edited:
That ,looks like good fun, something id love to give ago, some nice shots too.

In picture 8 do you ever think you've bitten off more than you could chew?

I took the "mountain" road from Dinas Mawddy to Bala last week and thought I wasn't going to make it up there in my Renault Megane so I'd baulk at scenes like that.

BTW, I have to add, thats an extreme school run that you have there ;)

Ahh, I have heard about the trails just outside corwen (its not too far from where we live :D ) supposed to be about 30 miles long or something arent they?

Intrigued as to what the problem was that required the bodge - Is that container full of oil?
Some cracking shots on here, but quite annoyed with myself that I'm drawn constantly to No. 2 because I can't figure out what went wrong.........

Intrigued as to what the problem was that required the bodge - Is that container full of oil?
Some cracking shots on here, but quite annoyed with myself that I'm drawn constantly to No. 2 because I can't figure out what went wrong.........

I'm guessing at a ruptured fuel tank from a big rock, and the barrel in the boot is full of diesel ;)

Back