Went to find a waterfall...and found one.

HCK

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

After 90 mins walking, trekking and scrambling we were led by 2 kind walkers to Posforth Gill near Bolton Abbey...the map we bought was useless! Anyway it was worth the trek...at least I think so.

It has been tone mapped in Photomatix and a few tweaks in photoshop.

C&C needed please.

4050816915_5414629236_o.jpg

Non-Processed
4050664499_98d9f9425a_o.jpg

Last edited:
nice, really like it :), Has there been some HDR done to it?

great picture
but is it tilted (down at the left)?

That is a nice shot, well taken and yes it does look a bit tilted when you look at the botom of the falls.

great picture.
I must learn how to get this effect.
Do you have a general list of what you usually do to get this effect using photomatrix etc.
i personaly have no idea what half of the sliders do or mean.

can you show the original? i am uncertain wether it needed tonemapping as the composition and the long exposure looks to be good enough without the extra processing.

that was nearly 20 mins not five ;)

the pics not showing btw

Yep, can see both. Very dramatic effect with the processed one but I kinda like the original.

Scott

no just switched to the pc with firefox and i still cant see it?

That's a gorgeous-looking mystical waterfall image! And I think the swirl effect in the water at the bottom right hand side of the picture adds to the whole set up. An excellent effort.

hmm
would have been better to add the straightened pic rather than replace it
makes some of the posts a bit odd now!

ok you have put the pic in the original post instead of the last post DOH!, LOL

ye i prefer the non hdr version, it doesnt need the hdr i would just process that one

I really like the original but I think some of the rocks look a bit dodgy, perhaps if you cropped it a bit to remove some of the rocks and draw more attention to the amazing waterfall it might look better.

thx for the comments guys.....I am undecided which I prefer...I like both!

Thx for the suggestion Minty, I must admit I like the rocks in the foreground as it add some interest....but I have some more to process anyway with less foreground, so I will post them at some point.

beautiful! absolutely beautiful! that 90min trek was well worth it!

The waterfall walk at Ingleton is well worth a visit, I have a load taken with my Olympus OM1n from there.

This is a painting I did of Aysgarth Falls from a panoramic set of shots also taken with the Olympus. There are so many places I want to revisit now I've gone digital.

aysgarth.jpg

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! I recently took a picture of a waterfall, not to this quality however and i need it framing. Any tips?

Nice images and its the 2nd (non-processed) shot that appeals most - lots to look at and well framed :)

beautiful! absolutely beautiful! that 90min trek was well worth it!

It was, I plan on going again soon....I just need to keep St John's ambulance informed!

Super shot, I think the tonemapped one has the edge due to the extra detail it has in the shadow areas. (y)

Thx :)

The waterfall walk at Ingleton is well worth a visit, I have a load taken with my Olympus OM1n from there.

This is a painting I did of Aysgarth Falls from a panoramic set of shots also taken with the Olympus. There are so many places I want to revisit now I've gone digital.

aysgarth.jpg

Thats a nice pic. I have about 15 Waterfalls within an hour of me that I want to visit...this was one of them...only 14 to go!!

I LOVE THIS PICTURE! I recently took a picture of a waterfall, not to this quality however and i need it framing. Any tips?

Thx....I have been told that when you mount and frame photo's, you need to get colours that help promote the pic...the person framing it may have some advice.

Did you just process the single exposure in Photomatix? Really nice shots mate. If only I didnt live in the Fens- am real keen to get some good falls!

Both great pics but the original wins for me. Not sure about the one with less foreground either, quite like the extra rocks

Matt

Did you just process the single exposure in Photomatix? Really nice shots mate. If only I didnt live in the Fens- am real keen to get some good falls!

thx..... it was 3 shots +1/-1 stop of the norm....then processed on photomatix.

Both great pics but the original wins for me. Not sure about the one with less foreground either, quite like the extra rocks

Matt

thx Matt

The second one does it for me, great composition (y).

thx Moleeth

like both versions, each having its own merits, the tone mapped one looks computer generated but very cool with it, water looks sharp and milky at the same time (y) the unprocessed is simply an excellent waterfall capture, good stuff (y)

Back