West Cornwall Seascapes

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
No
Evening all :)

Just back from a short photographic break all the way down in West Cornwall.
Great scenery, shame about the lack of sky interest. Oh well, you make do with what you've got!

Here comes the sea by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Priests Cove Sunset by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Sunset Swirl by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Porthcurno Sunrise by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Stoned by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Porth Nanven Sunset by Nick Tsiatinis, on Flickr

Feel free to click for bigger - they do look better!

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Super set there ,:clap: , well done indeed.
Appreciated :notworthy:
Nice set of seascapes (y)
Ta - was my first time down in Cornwall so it was nice to come away with something half decent :) Just wish there had been some clouds around for a bit of sky interest - but you can't have everything! :)

You can, and I'll even answer you :LOL:

Yep, I used the Lee 3 stop Hard ND Grad on all of them :)
Was positioned over the sky only - the rapidly decreasing light and a small aperture was sufficient to provide the motion in the water without requiring any other filters :)

Last edited:
some really nice composition here and you are right about the sky but it doesn't even matter in 4 :) good stuff

Number 4 is good. I'm not sure about 6, its all a bit central.

Nice set though chap, you can't go far wrong on the Cornish coast.

Superb shots love them all, im off down cornwall very soon, newquay to be exact, carnt wait, where were these shot took exactly???

Andy

Superb shots love them all, im off down cornwall very soon, newquay to be exact, carnt wait, where were these shot took exactly???

Andy

Cheers Andy :)

#1, #2, and #3 were at Priests Cove - which is the tiny little cove just under Cape Cornwall near St. Just

#4 was Porthcurno - around a 15 minute drive from St. Just

#5 and #6 were at Porth Nanven which is just below Priests Cove at Cape Cornwall

I camped at Roselands Caravan and Camping park which is just outside St. Just (about 10 minutes from Penzance) - and the locations were no more than 15 minutes drive from there :)

Hope that helps :)

Thanks nick, i may well be visiting these locations then :),

Andy

Great set, the more I see of Cornwall on here the more I want to go there. The problem is its a hell of a drive from Yorkshire. On second thoughts I think it would be well worth the effort.

I lived in West Cornwall for many years- this set has captured the stunning beauty of the coast- well done

Les :clap:

Look like you had a great time. Great set. Particularly like 4's composition and beautiful colour.

I like no 3 but my favourite is no 6, the perspective is amazing and I like how the stones in the water lead ones' eyes to the big rocks at the back

Again, thanks for all the kind words and feedback (y)

Great set, the more I see of Cornwall on here the more I want to go there. The problem is its a hell of a drive from Yorkshire. On second thoughts I think it would be well worth the effort.

:LOL: I thought the 5 hours it took from Leicester was bad - an extra couple of hours from Yorkshire probably wouldn't matter! If I were to go back (and it'll be a while before I can afford the petrol cost again!) I'd have to stay more than 2 days - there's so much more I could have visited and seen - Sennen Cove, a proper attempt at St Michaels Mount, Godrevy Lighthouse etc. Just didn't budget enough time to fit it in - you only get one sunrise and sunset per day! :LOL:

Some Lovely shots there.

Nothing wrong with others but I love #1 and #3 more,

I hope one day I will be able to shoot like that.

Thanks for sharing

The colours in no.4 are great. I'd be more than happy to see that on my wall. Gj mate!

Thanks again everyone. It's a huge honour to read the comments saying that people are inspired and they want to reach this standard as it's how I've felt when looking at a lot of the fantastic images on this site over the past couple of years.
I feel proud to think I'm finally approaching the standard I wanted to achieve when I first got into photography, and even prouder that my photos are now inspiring people. For that, I thank you :notworthy:

The colours in no.4 are great. I'd be more than happy to see that on my wall. Gj mate!
Prints are available to buy direct from my website or through the RedBubble link in my sig :LOL: Always happy to do a deal for direct enquiries :LOL:

In all seriousness, thanks - the wife has told me I have to get that one printed big for in our bedroom :LOL:

Last edited:
Back