West Wittering's meet today.

Hear is a long exposure grass shot, pped of course as mine were C**p out of the camera :LOL:
Trev we had a great time here Mate, shame you couldn't get along to this one. Had to put a lot more thought into what to shoot here.

3356379429_679c74c489_o.jpg

Ooh I like that mate :clap:

Thanks Andy, It does give me the feeling that I wouldn't really want to walk along there on my own... What do you think?

Keith you missed the Steak and Ale pie dinner too :crying:

I'm a Veggie.....................but I could have done with some of the Ale!!:LOL:

Some more really good stuff on here though:clap::clap:

I like an Ale and Ale pie too keith :LOL:
Here is another long exposure grass shot. A bit more inviting this time :LOL:

3357308756_4a03e505ca_o.jpg

none of my witterings shots EVER come out like any of these!!
I was beginning to think maybe it was the beach, but I think it's me.. time to get back there me thinks!
nice shots :)

Blimey Alby, that looks wild! Love it! (y)

I wouldn't mind going back here - lots more ideas now I've seen how crap my shots turned out!

Not at all mate. You've got some great shots......

I'd like to go back too.
I can do next Sunday.......

:D

:woot:

I might be ok for Sunday - I'll let you know.

Stand by for a few more shots - just finished processing some!

Rock on Tommy!!
I've got a few more things I'd like to do there, so deffo up for it.
And I ordered my Cokin holder, 67mm adapter and ND8 last night, so that should be here soon :woot:

Nice shots again mate. Loving the colours in #2!

Last edited:
Haha you 2 just crack me up, I know you only want to go back for the Steak and Ale pie :LOL: I might be able to make it too ;)

Here is the many faces of Skipper. All taken on a single run :LOL:
3357045269_34a92aec2d_o.jpg

3357863388_4e30c5a69e_o.jpg

3357864258_cf35e9ecb2_o.jpg

3357865396_f332f203f1_o.jpg

3357048927_25dc8d62a9_o.jpg

Haha you 2 just crack me up, I know you only want to go back for the Steak and Ale pie :LOL: I might be able to make it too ;)

Here is the many faces of Skipper. All taken on a single run :LOL:
3357045269_34a92aec2d_o.jpg

3357863388_4e30c5a69e_o.jpg

3357864258_cf35e9ecb2_o.jpg

3357865396_f332f203f1_o.jpg

3357048927_25dc8d62a9_o.jpg

Bugger, you've sussed me :D
Awesome shots mate, sharp as hell :clap:

Andy if we are going again should we pop up a post in the meetings in-case anyone else wants to tag along?

Yes that sounds good. what time? High tide is about 9:30pm so will be right out around 3pm ish. I think maybe pop into dell Quay first for an hour just to see how that place looks these days and a pint of course ;) then down to the witterings.

Bugger - I'm working again! Don't you lot ever work at weekends?????

:LOL:

Rock on Tommy!!
I've got a few more things I'd like to do there, so deffo up for it.
And I ordered my Cokin holder, 67mm adapter and ND8 last night, so that should be here soon :woot:

Nice shots again mate. Loving the colours in #2!

Andy could you explain a little bit about cokin filters for me I want grads to do long exposures but have'nt got a clue what do buy :shake:
Does the holder need to be an exact size to fit one lens?

Andy could you explain a little bit about cokin filters for me I want grads to do long exposures but have'nt got a clue what do buy :shake:
Does the holder need to be an exact size to fit one lens?

Hi Matt.
Dave and Alby has only just taught me about them on Sunday :D
You need one of these mate.
This is the exact one I bought.
You get the holder which holds the filters, and an adapter ring to fit your lens. You need to check what size the thread is on your lens.
Then you just buy different adapter rings to fit different lens's. (If of course the thread size is different).

Then the filters. I've ordered one of these. An ND8, which blocks some light, hence letting you use slower shutter speeds.
You can get lower number ND's, which let in more light.
Dave and Alby were using them on the water and long exposure grass shots.

Does this help?

Last edited:
Hi Matt.
Dave and Alby has only just taught me about them on Sunday :D
You need one of these mate.
This is the exact one I bought.
You get the holder which holds the filters, and an adapter ring to fit your lens. You need to check what size the thread is on your lens.
Then you just buy different adapter rings to fit different lens's. (If of course the thread size is different).

Then the filters. I've ordered one of these. An ND8, which blocks some light, hence letting you use slower shutter speeds.
You can get lower number ND's, which let in more light.
Dave and Alby were using them on the water and long exposure grass shots.

Does this help?

Thats great thanks for the links didnt think of ebay much cheaper I would need the 67mm like you have as Im ordering a sigma 28-70 2.8 EX soon :D

Thats great thanks for the links didnt think of ebay much cheaper I would need the 67mm like you have as Im ordering a sigma 28-70 2.8 EX soon :D

Waheey! Bet you can't wait to get it :woot:

There's also stacks more filters you can get for them.
Here's some.

I'll just get one or two every now and again.
Their very reasonable.....

Waheey! Bet you can't wait to get it :woot:

There's also stacks more filters you can get for them.
Here's some.

I'll just get one or two every now and again.
Their very reasonable.....

Cheers added the shop on my ebay (y)
Can wait for the lens need to order soon as warehouse express is saying low stock :rules: need to move on from the kit lens all though its been good to me :LOL:

Cheers added the shop on my ebay (y)
Can wait for the lens need to order soon as warehouse express is saying low stock :rules: need to move on from the kit lens all though its been good to me :LOL:

Yeah kit lens's are ok for a while. But it doesn't take long for lens lust to settle in :LOL:

Be warned, you will want ALL F2.8 lens's soon :eek:

some cracking shots here!! looks a very photogenic place!!

Well done all.. (y)

Back