wet lands monsters

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

took these this morning over Somerset levels- a tad windy but using a flash seemed to have done the trick (y)

Les :D

Thanks for looking

BandedDM6EXIF.jpg

ChaserEXIF.jpg

Thanks Chris- shot with my Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX Macro lens and a flash ( which is evident in the eyes of the close up shot)

Les (y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys (y)

I put a mid grey background ( reflector board) behind the subject, to isolate them from the clutter of a river bank - Its grey on one side and white on the other - I also have one thats black on one side and a pale blue on the reverse

Les ;)

No1 for me.

Regarding the background, it's a great idea but I'm not so sure about the colour as it seems to give it an artificial look.

I bought a couple of A4 size coloured cards (dark green and light green) from Hobbycraft. I used one attached by a plamp behind my subject and it came out pretty good with quite a natural background colour. Maybe worth a try :shrug:

I'll give that a go thanks (y)

Les

ps I can asure you they are NOT artificial :eek:

Both nice shots my fav the Banded Demoiselle, been chasing those all afternoon, trying to get an in flight shot, got some but not worth showing

I also tried getting one in flight - no luck yet :bang:

The dark area on the wings really stands out as they fly ;)

what lens are you using to tryn that shot Dave??

Les (y)

Thanks Gary- Im out again this morning as this area come under my work :D

Its a hard life :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Les (y)

Ps : Ive just received my adjustable flash diffuser, so hopefully my technique will improve

Oh thats Ok fella- must have read your comments wrong :LOL:

Les :D:D

150- 500mm Hmmm :thinking:

Im looking to buy that very same lens ( Sigma) decided to stick with Sony for the time being, need to learn a lot more before diving into Canon, with associated expense :shrug:ie replace all my lenses and 2 x flash guns + all the other bits

Just bought some extention tubes from a chap on here- get even closer now

Les :D

Have you tried them out yet, I some times use the smallest one 12 mm, it does a lot to DOF youll find and the focal plane is much less when using them

Not arrived as yet Dave- set of 3 various sizes

Les (y)

Cool, how much were they if you dont mind me asking

I paid £65 posted ( 2nd hand but mint) can't wait to try them :naughty:

Les (y)

ps they are 12mm- 20mm & 36mm

Last edited by a moderator:
Back