Wex refunds

Name
Gez
Edit My Images
No
Just as a heads up, I was concerned with the Wex refund policy, which basically states that second hand items cannot be returned unless faulty...which for distance selling is a tough ask. However saying that, I ordered and managed to return a tripod with didn't end up being suitable for me, so it isn't absolute. It might be to discourage 'lens renters' who might purchase, use and return an expensive item.

Apart from the potential issue with refunds, I haven't had an issue with the rest of the purchasing process.

EDIT: clarified in the post below. apologies if this was misleading.

Last edited:
Just as a heads up, I was concerned with the Wex refund policy, which basically states that second hand items cannot be returned unless faulty...which for distance selling is a tough ask. However saying that, I ordered and managed to return a tripod with didn't end up being suitable for me, so it isn't absolute. It might be to discourage 'lens renters' who might purchase, use and return an expensive item.

Apart from the potential issue with refunds, I haven't had an issue with the rest of the purchasing process

That is very common practice for most retailers not just camera equipment companies.

That is very common practice for most retailers not just camera equipment companies.

I am guessing it means for things bought directly from the shop.

Surely distant selling act gives you 14 days to return them when bought online.

So, to describe the situation I bought and returned a tripod online, which ended up not being suitable, and did not have a problem with the return. They do state the usual statutory terms and conditions apply, which would be for the standard return window distance selling, which would of course be expected.
My point was that I was put off by the strong emphasis on 'Wex Photo Video does not sell products on a trial basis.' which is bolded across the terms and conditions. It's apparent they have been exploited before perhaps, by people taking advantage of the returns policy. But for someone who is simply buying and discovering something is not suitable, it's an extra potential hurdle to somehow prove not wasn't a trial use item. So this position is off-putting from a buyers perspective, but hasn't proved to be a problem.

I had last week visited the store in East London and they were very helpful and knowledgable, and will definitely go back.

I am guessing it means for things bought directly from the shop.

I have no idea how things work in terms of the law in regards to distance sellers. Often companies don’t always follow the law and have their own terms and conditions, regardless if they would stand up to legal scrutiny or not. I would be very surprised if the law isn’t different for new items compared to used though as it certainly is when buying in-store in regard to warranty and returns etc.

It may all be moot anyway as the current legislation around distance selling was brought in because of the E.U. It’s one of the things the government has discussed potentially scrapping now that we are no longer part of the E.U.

I’ve never had an issue returning products to Wex. It’s odd though, I did contact wex about buying a d5, for which you need an xqd card to update the firmware. I was planning on using cf express b cards, but obviously needed 1 xqd to do the update..... I contacted wex and was told they can’t do the update, nor could they lend me a card but the best option was to buy an xqd card and take advantage of their 30 day returns policy. Go figure

So, to describe the situation I bought and returned a tripod online, which ended up not being suitable, and did not have a problem with the return. They do state the usual statutory terms and conditions apply, which would be for the standard return window distance selling, which would of course be expected.
My point was that I was put off by the strong emphasis on 'Wex Photo Video does not sell products on a trial basis.' which is bolded across the terms and conditions. It's apparent they have been exploited before perhaps, by people taking advantage of the returns policy. But for someone who is simply buying and discovering something is not suitable, it's an extra potential hurdle to somehow prove not wasn't a trial use item. So this position is off-putting from a buyers perspective, but hasn't proved to be a problem.

I had last week visited the store in East London and they were very helpful and knowledgable, and will definitely go back.
They are a good shop and I have returned items no problem. In fact I really hate returning things and I only returned a camera once. They paid for postage since it was returned due to no fault of my own.

WEX have a 30 day return policy for online purchases - new or used.

Never yet had a problem with them , few years ago bought a canon 1Dmkiv which suffered shutter failure after several months , they couldn’t do a economical repair so refunded me in full

Back