What a couple

SPS

Name
Amanda & Aaron
Edit My Images
No
I covered the wedding for these 2 and due to my partner falling sick that morning I offered them a studio shoot. They didnt want the standard high street shots so we (me and my now well partner) have done a set of these.

IMG_2545a.jpg

C&C welcome

That's nice, I like that - what's the PP on it?

Excellent - the fact that each is reflected clearly in the others glasses is a really nice touch

Very nice indeed!

Really nice, love the style of it and would be extremely happy to have something similar hanging on my own wall. Preferably with me and my fiancee in it though obviously!

Really nice, love the style of it and would be extremely happy to have something similar hanging on my own wall. Preferably with me and my fiancee in it though obviously!

i wouldn't argue with his to be honest!

wow, fully class!! I wanna see more from the set!
also, what kind of processing did you do to it?

With the processing it looks like a little desaturation and use of the high pass filter.

Great shot

Love the shot and the PP...........

Care to explain your PP technique.?

Pretty please. ;-)

It's got a Dave Hill look to it but not as severe.

The pose is great by the way.

Hey there... Miss Switch has been using this forum for the most part so this is my first post personally... I am her partner, Aaron... so... hello All, and thanks for the nice comments.

For all that have asked above I will explain the post processing used in the image.

The image is shot on RAW and edited in Photoshop. In the RAW editing I basically ramp up the 'clarity' to 100% then the 'fill light' to around 50%, and finally bump up the contrast to suit. I then lower the 'saturation' till its almost monochrome and then whack up the 'vibrance' to bring the colour back in.

The numbers are approximate but its really just to suit your taste. It works well for images with a strong sharp highlight, so I tend to light from one side with a soft box and from the other with a hard light - barn doors usually.

I save my settings in RAW conversion so I might be able to give people a little add on file should they want it - just message privately and I will send you a link to download it. (if i can figure out where the setting is saved!).

And yes... I had forgotten his name, but yeah Dave Hill! I saw his site 6 to 8 months ago... its not quite as cartooney as his stuff but I do like his work. Oh... and the effect works REALLY well on clothes.. gives them a very tactile feel.

Cheers!
Aaron

Fabulous shot, :clap:
Nice to see a 'couple shot' thats a little different from the usual twee poses.
The PP just really adds to the shot.... hope they loved this... I would!

Kudos to you for sharing your workflow too (y)

I love that pic! Thanks for explaining the post processing as well :)

Thanx SPS for your tutorial. I am going to give it go.

I hope the couple liked the shot as much as I do :clap::clap:

The couple love the shot as well as the rest of the collection (which I need to upload and show to everyone)

If anyone has any questions about the PP or you get stuck - give us a shout, we are more than happy to help!

Great shot, I love the processing. In fact I love everything about it!

Wouldn't look out of place an a copy of GQ or something!!

Love the shot and the PP. Perfect.

Back