What am I doing wrong?

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I've got a new D7000 and starting to get to grips with it. I've got 2 x 16gb cards to use, one as back up.

I've set the camera to record JPEG fine and RAW.

I downloaded the pictures from the camera today from last nights shoot, and I've only got JPEG pictures, no NEF files... does anyone know why? I simply put the USB cable to the PC, opened up the D7000 folder in My Computer and copied them over...

This used to be fine on my old D60, but isn't working now. For example, I have DSC_0615, DSC_0615(1), DSC_0615 (2) and DSC_0615 (3). All set as JPEG?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

firstly are you absolutely sure you set the camera to jpeg and Nef ?

if you are the most likely thing is that they are in seperate folders and you've copied the wrong one

firstly are you absolutely sure you set the camera to jpeg and Nef ?

if you are the most likely thing is that they are in seperate folders and you've copied the wrong one

Positive. I just checked again (twice) in shooting menu, it said "RAW + F"... and when I opened the D7000 folder in my computer it only had one folder with all the pictures in.

I did some Googling and someone said change Mass Storage... but someone else says the D7000 doesn't have a menu option for that :bang:

If both cards are in the camera are you sure it is not set to put .NEF's on one card and jpeg's on the other.

I know on my D7000 raws are stored on card 1 and jpeg on card 2. Try switching the cards round to the other slot if you cant select which one you want to look at from the computer.

Sounds like you have the camera setup to save RAW images to one card and JPEGs to the other. Go into the 'Shooting' menu on the camera and check the option selected for 'Role played by card in slot 2'. If you want everything to go onto the same card then select 'Overflow'. This will store both JPEG and RAW onto card 1 and when that is full it will then use card 2.

Neil

Thanks for the replies guys.
I set the second card as back up incase one card goes down. I was under the impression that both cards would hold the same info, so JPEG and NEF so that if one card went down, I'd have the same on the other. Maybe I just dont understand the cards properly... Didn't want JPEG on one and NEF on the other, nor Overflow. Wanted two copies of the same JPEGS and NEFs :\

I started out using JPG and RAW but after I while I found I was editing the raw files for any pics I took that were any good anyway so soon turned off the JPG bit. Use RAW (NEF) all the time now except for when taking a quick snap of something I want to flog on gumtree or whatever and then I set it to JPEG small, fine.

Unless you are in a job where you have to send pics instantly or you get a new camera which acr doesnt support shooting jpeg is pointless.

All that get it right BS is well... BS. why choose to but an expensive camera and let the software in the body do your editing?

Use the 2slots to duplicate cards. And shoot raw

www.facebook.com/phillbarrattphotography

Back