What camera for macro photography ~£300

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new camera specifically for macro photography, and I have a budget of around £300.

I'm interested in the camera having good manual features. One specific thing I need is control over the aperture because I want to minimise bokeh (blurring) in the macro photos I take (I'm interested in botany and insects so want as much in focus as possible for later study).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 a sensible option?

Thanks very much for any help,

Robin

Have a look at Ajphotog posts he use's a Panasonic fz8 & Raynox DCR 250 for some of his shots with excellent results.

Thanks a lot for the responses. I had a look at ajophotog's photos - they look great. If I could achieve that kind of result I'd be happy.

I've been looking at the specifications of various cameras, and specifically the "closest object" the camera will focus on. I've seen numbers between 1cm and 15cm - what sort of specification would be "good".

Also - given that you rightly point out good zoom would be useful - does it matter that much?

Back