What do you carry your gear in

Name
Ryan
Edit My Images
No
Tried a search but couldn't find anything specific so thought I would ask.

Im considering the Think tank international V2 Roller but also the Peli 1510 seems to pop up from time to time?

Obviously standard kit ill be carrying would be 2 1 Series bodies + 400 2.8/70-200/24-70 and macbook and monopod.

The 1510 seems like its a bit tight inside with loading gear?

Last edited:
Peli are perhaps the most robust. I have an old 1500 peli and it's great when I want to lob the kit in the back of the car, but I don't use it for carrying my stuff about over any great distance. On the hoof I choose one of a couple of different size Lowepro backpacks that are easier to wear.

I have a great bag at present - However weight on the spine isn't good long term. Hence trying to look into the different rollers that can accomodate kit well.
Well I've used Peli 1510 in the past, but not for photographic use. They are very good cases and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if it was what I needed.

peli easy.. its also the seat and depending on which way you stand it.. its a variable height seat.. you can also stand on it for the extra height when needed (does happen) ... anything else just doesnt hack it for me. especialy in winter with all the mud and rain about...

I am using a Peli 1620. However it is mighty heavy with all the gear in.

I have a 1560 with foam and am planning to use that when I get time to pluck the foam out.

Although very heavy and they have rubbish wheels, they are waterproof and great for poping your laptop on when wiring pitchside.

As Kipax says they are good seats as well.

n.b. there is a separate thread on upgrading the wheels on the 1520/1560 to skateboard wheels.

I use a Lowepro backpack if I need to take it all eg wire from pitchside, otherwise thinktank belt and a couple of pouches with the 2 cameras (400 and 70-200) on shoulder straps and stool clipped to belt for easy movement and wire from car post match.

Thanks guys - Looking at the 1560 - Seems to be better at taking the kit I want.

Ill just have to buy something else if I do fly aways. Day to day it seems like its the way to go over the 1510 it seems.

Think Tank Airport Security v2 and a Think Tank Glass Taxi for me.

I do have a Peli 1510 as an option (although it is mainly used to transport my Eli Ranger portable light/battery) and I'd certainly be using that if I was on a damp/muddy sideline. Would still need to use the Glass Taxi (+ rain cover) for the 400mm.

I also have a 1620 sized wheeled hard case, which I had planned to use as a carry everything but it didn't suit me.

I used a combination of a Peli 1610 for grounds where it was suitable to pull a wheeled case or a Kata HB-207 where it wasn't

Depends how far your walking with your gear. The wheels ain't great on a peli. Think tank airport v2 is brilliant with big rubber wheels

Agree with most other posts the wheels on the peli not the best
I had this same issue last christmas should i go for a peli 1560 [which by the way will fit your stated gear in no problem]
donot keep my mac in it have that in a laptop bag
I went for the peli for two reasons it doubles up as a seat and i am able to keep my body attached to my 400 with the hood reversed
Have had it for 10 month and it does the job.
also as this is likely to be my last post before christmas day merry christmas to all who know me and those who don't.

Depends how far your walking with your gear. The wheels ain't great on a peli. Think tank airport v2 is brilliant with big rubber wheels
Im London based so plan is to mostly use public transport due to parking/traffic being a pain here = Plenty of walking.

I think the wheel mod for me would be a must - Has anyone here done one to theirs?

Im London based so plan is to mostly use public transport due to parking/traffic being a pain here = Plenty of walking.

I think the wheel mod for me would be a must - Has anyone here done one to theirs?

No brainer, spend the extra dosh for the Thinktank Airport Roller!

I've done the wheel mod on my peli. Rolls like a dream now.

The Peli 1510 is tight with a Canon 400 2.8 and you can't fit the hood in if you have the lid organiser in. Get bigger rubbery wheels for it and it's super. My 400 goes in a Thinktank Glass Taxi rucksack leaving space in the Peli for everything else.

Got a Peli coming now (after shooting at spurs the other day realised the 'seat feature' is a need).

Now wheel mod is 100% must by the sounds of it. What size wheels etc.. do i need? The link to a blog in another tread is now dead sadly :(

Beauty about the Peli is as a seat it gives you three different shooting heights or if using a stool a sturdy base for your laptop [emoji3]

Beauty about the Peli is as a seat it gives you three different shooting heights or if using a stool a sturdy base for your laptop [emoji3]

stood on mine once or twice for that extra height.. presentations and stuff

Back