What do you do with your images?

Thank you for the speedy replies

That would certainly make sense and, like you say, no hefty ink to fork out for.

So, that begs the question, which print sites do you use? I've used Photobox in the past for poster-sized prints of my family but they weren't the best quality! :)

Wez

Print mine, with an Epson 3880, saves the upload at 1.5mb/sec (no fiber here!), and I get to choose the paper ;) most get given away but I've sold a few too, great to shoot and print, I archive them on HDDs and keep the good ones on hand, give some to charity, friends and who ever else like them.

Print mine, with an Epson 3880, saves the upload at 1.5mb/sec (no fiber here!), and I get to choose the paper

Same as above. Same printer, same point about choice of paper. It also means that I can print on demand (and sometimes I have needed a print within a few hours - or less).

Different papers react in different ways, and it may not be easy to form an opinion on a range of papers if you have them printed outside. But this may just be me wanting to have complete control of my prints, right down to the settings in the printer driver.

Most of my images stay on hard drives, some get uploaded to Flickr and Facebook. I will get A3 prints done when they are £5 each on Photobox. I have 60 or so in a big portfolio box.

I rotate them round in two large frames I had matts specially cut for so I could display the images as near to "as taken" as possible.

Like this

IMG_7475_1500_800
by Willid1 on Talk Photography

So, that begs the question, which print sites do you use? I've used Photobox in the past for poster-sized prints of my family but they weren't the best quality! :)
I used to find Photobox very good (that's for album type stuff), though it's been a while ... which makes me wonder if you're preparing your files properly before uploading them (pixel size, tonal range, etc).

I've had good prints from Peak (Fuji Crystal Archive paper) and used them for exhibition. But many labs also do inkjet prints on a range of media. Printspace, Point 101, Ilford ...

It can be a minefield. Be patient, and stay strong.

Last edited:
Another shout for The Printspace here. They're very good, markedly above the quality of the likes of Photobox.

Most stay stored on the computer. A few that I consider special I will send to a lab for printing.

Some on Flickr, all stored on my NAS drive. Print some for the photo album.

Favourite ones get printed at larger size and put on the wall

Most of mine tend to stay stored in the computer but after a holiday or special occasion I use Photobox* to create a book. I also use the same company to create calendars which I give away to family members at Christmas time. The best pics I tend to print to display at home.

* I am always keeping an eye on their offers to buy "credits" which I use when convenient

Back