What is the best Scanner for 35 negatives?

I'm looking myself, and the usual recommendation on here seems to be the epson V700 if you can afford it, or for a slightly cheaper option the epson V500.

Ouch @ the nikon price tag! I think I'm going to get into developing my own B&W film and I'm investigating film scanners at the moment. Epson V500 might get a look in, but it seems to be massive! Up to £200 I'm looking at really....

Just bought a 5600F and although its not up to dedicated film scanner quality I have been very pleased with the results as in this one from a 35mm slide

3748322855_2dfd22ef29_o.jpg

If you have a lot of older images to scan, think about getting them done by a lab. Good scanners are expensive and they still take ages - if you have a few hundred to do, or possibly more, it is a mind-numbingly tedious and boring task, and even then every image will likely require polishing up in post processing.

Plenty of places offer this service.

If you have a lot of older images to scan, think about getting them done by a lab. Good scanners are expensive and they still take ages - if you have a few hundred to do, or possibly more, it is a mind-numbingly tedious and boring task, and even then every image will likely require polishing up in post processing.

Plenty of places offer this service.

But half the fun is the Post Processing

I would suggest that if you have a seriously large number of images you want to scan - don't bother.

Just scan them one at a time as and when you want to work on them or print them out.

Your negatives are likely to last longer than your files anyway.

Steve.

Back