What is your favourite lens??

Really difficult this one. It used to be my 70-200mm vr. Then I bought the 300mm 2.8. That is just superb for what I shoot mostly.
But I just love the 24-70mm 2.8 for 'people shots'. Its a great lens. But the out and out winner has to be the 85mm 1.4.
No changed my mind. Its the 300mm 2.8.
I told you this was difficult!!! :bonk:

Kev.

That's interesting, I would have put money on the 28-70 being used more than the 17-35... just goes to show

That was when using the DX-format cameras such as the D1x, D2x and D2xs - I guess we'll see what happens now I'm using D3 and D3x bodies...
I've already noticed that for some shots the 17-35 is far too wide...

The 28-70 has been out of the bag a lot more of late since getting the new cameras, so it maybe that'll replace the 17-35 as my main lens...

For now I'm carrying the D3 bodies with the 17-35 and 70-200 as in the past (and we'll see how it goes) as well as a D3x wrapped in a towel in my back-pack with a 50mm f/1.4 for a portrait series I'm going to do on the troops out there...

Pentax FA 77mm f1.8 limited. Sharp as hell wide open, it's almost a the perfect lens.

I know this will depend on what you shoot but it would be intesting to see the results

I'll give you the best reply to this ;) - the best lenses for everybody are those that you'd like but cannot have (afford of find etc). I'd love to have a Noct Nikkor for example but with their enormous prices - probably will never have one ;)

Favourite at the moment has to be the 85mm f/1.4. That lens was only ever 'bettered' for me (even though marginally) by the 85 f/1.2 L.

My favourite lens Nikon 200-400mm F4 VR
My most used lens by far Nikon 17-35mm F2.8

Martin

My 300mm f4 IS USM L that hasn't arrived yet. :D:LOL: Tis in the post and I cannot wait! :love:

My wife and I just got a 50/1.2 L and I love it, can be difficult to get the perfect shot but amazing results when you get it right.

Mike

Nice (y), I would really struggle with something like that - I have the 1.8 version and find that difficult enough :D

Most used and so probably favourite at the moment is the 24-70 f/2.8 Sigma and that is what I would take if I was going out with just one lens. BUT, when I've done the one lens thing, I've always seen something that needs more reach and/or more width! Wouldn't want to get rid of any of the lenses in my bag but could probably be persuaded to part with my old 180 f/2.8 if I spotted something I wanted and got a good PX deal on it!

That's one lens I've always wondered about...:thinking:

It's very nice. A little slow to focus (on the D70 - not tried it on the D700 yet) but pin sharp. Now almost completely redundant since I have a 70-200 f/2.8 which is faster to focus and almost as sharp.

Not for sale at the moment though.

I would say that my favorite lenses are the one listed in profile bar the sigma 70-300 since I got my 70-200 2.8.

Probably my 100mm f/2.8 macro, great for macro, nice for portrait stuff too! But the Tamron 17-50 is usually on the camera. Oooh, but I do like the 70-300 IS USM as well.... tough call, but the 100mm probably wins!

Canon 85mm F1.8 even though I have 24-70L & 17-40L & 70-200 F4L and no money

90% of the time the 70-200mm IS f2.8 is tacked onto the front of the camera but I love the MP-E 65 and the 50mm 1.4 both for very different reasons.

Sigma 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 DC OS is probably my favourite and yet I have several lenses which cost much more!

Well it was my 70-200VR, but my new 200-400 may have just taken that prize.

If I'm going out with the camera to somewhere that I've not visited before then I always take the EF24-105 because of its versatility so it's on the camera most of the time.
(But I cheat and take other bodies with the 70-200f4Is and the 18-55Is...just in case).

At the moment my 50 1.4 is always on my 40d, only to be replaced by a 10-22 for the occasional landscape.

I find the 50mm to be just perfect for natural light portraits of the kids, which is what I seem to do most.

My favourite (of the 2 I own) would be my Nikon 35mm f/1.8.

Just ordered a Sigma 10-20mm so hopefully I'll have a new favourite very soon.

Back