What Lens is on your 5D3 the most ?

Name
Oliver
Edit My Images
Yes
As above really, what lens spends most time on your 5D3 (or any other FF body for that matter) ?

I have the 16-35mm L II but would like something with a bit more length.

I recently sold my 24-105mm to get a 24-70mm mk2 but I was thinking about adding a 50mm f/1.4 prime now and the 85mm f/1.8 prime later.

Thoughts ?

yeah, pretty much !

Woke up this morning with the decision of going primes, now I'm back to the 24-70 II :(

Mines nearly always got either a 24-70 or 70-200 on it for every day use. They're the 2 lenses that live on my bodies when stored in the bag as they are the only ones that will fit together in the bag. Next to them the Sigma 150-500 OS as that's the one I mostly use for wildlife and aviation shots.

Thanks guys, still looking at the 24-70 II for now, seems to cover most of the bases :)

As above really, what lens spends most time on your 5D3 (or any other FF body for that matter) ?

Sigma 50mm f1.4 or 85mm f1.4. They're both very good lenses IMVHO, the 85mm being the better. Another interesting lens on FF is the Sigma 12-24mm.

Do it all kit zooms, even those with a red ring, don't intesrest me too much. Nice wide aperture primes do :D

I know what you mean Alan, I've dabbled with primes before and had great results.

Zooms make things too easy. To enjoy photography you have to struggle a bit :D

interesting replies guys, thanks !

I went for a Sigma 50mm f/1.4 to see if I get on with it :)

24-70. Mine's a Sigma (good copy!), as is my next most used lens, a 12-24. 3rd would be close between a 70-300 and an 8mm fisheye!

Canon 50mm f1.2...however, only had the body a week and taken about 20 shots with it!!

Rob

24-70 MkII really good all round lens with a great focal range. Probably get a telephoto sometime in the future and maybe a prime or fisheye.

depends on what I do.

17-40 f4L for landscape on the tripod: 17mm f11 focus at 1m.
24-105 f4L for holidays.
35mm f2 for indoors.
85mm f1.8 for portraits

lately, 35/2 is on my camera the most, since it's dark and gloomy. the 17-40L is on my camera when going out in the snow because it's weather sealed and I love wide angle shots.

35mm is my go-to focal length, everything just seems to fall into place with it. Would love a 35/1.4, but would also hate its weight, the 35 f2 IS USM is tickling my fancy.

Back