What lens to get?

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Morning all!

I've currently got a 20D with a 10-20 and a 100-400L and im looking for a lens to go in the middle of the two and i dont know what to get

Budget, preferably no more than 300!

any help much appreciated (y)

depends do you want to fill the whole gap ?

id be happy with a tam/sig 17-50mm

leaves you 50 short at the long end, but i dont think that would be a problem for you, it wouldnt for me, in terms of angle 50mm to 100mm is only 15 degs, at the wide end 17 to say 28 is 27 degs.

id recommend the tamron 17-50, can bet got pretty cheap and its a cracking lens.

Canon 17-85 would slot in nicely and just in budget
http://www.t4cameras.co.uk/index.asp?pname=/moreinfo.asp?id=763

i was going to get this lens, untill i read very mixed reviews. barrel distortion is epic and it has bad CA and Vignetting. also is not at all sharp.

but this is jsut going on reviews, i was still close to getting it untill i compared it to the 17-50 tam

but im sure people have it and enjoy it, and it is a canon lens so im sure it cant be that bad.

tamron 17-50 f2.8, cracking lens. really love it.

i was going to get this lens, untill i read very mixed reviews. barrel distortion is epic and it has bad CA and Vignetting. also is not at all sharp.

but this is jsut going on reviews, i was still close to getting it untill i compared it to the 17-50 tam

but im sure people have it and enjoy it, and it is a canon lens so im sure it cant be that bad.

I've just got this lens, I'll let you know how I get on.

sigma 18-50 f2.8, I have one and I'm chuffed to bits with it. Apparently the tamron is sharper but I have no complaints about sharpness of the sigma tbh.

Back