what my dad means to me

Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
dad_1_of_1_.jpg

hello all
i haven't really been around here for a while.
unfortunately, last year my dad died of cancer.
his illness was very quick.
the picture above was taken about a year before he died, just after my wife and i got married in france. we all had such a good time and dad was in good health.
he meant the world to me and some of the scenes i witnessed in the last year of his life will stay with me forever. however, he will always be remembered with the love he taught me to have.

unfortunately his worst period dated a time when on this forum there were a couple of in my opinion horrible posts which went against all i had learned from my dad. they offended me greatly.

i'm sorry if i upset anyone at that time. it is not something i like to do. i may wind people up sometimes, but it nearly always in jest and should never be taken seriously.

hello again
mark

Welcome back Mark :)

What a lovely photo of your Dad, he looked like a real nice chap :)

Mark thats a lovely shot and a great image which to remember your dad, please accept my condolences for your loss.

My dad died in similar circumstances so I know how painful it can be for family and friends:(!

Welcome back :)

A lovely, cheery-looking chap :) Hope you are feeling better and sorry for your loss.
Welcome back

We all say things we dont mean sometimes, especially if were under pressure.
Nice pic of your Dad and welcome back. It takes great strength to come back and say hello again if you left under a bit of a cloud.

Great shot and great image to remember him by. Cup of tea, tranquil surroundings, and a feeling of real kindness. Welcome back

welcome back mark, it is a nice photo its bright and colourful and he is happy...I know only too well how you feel....I still miss my ol man like mad and he is six years gone.

a brilliant shot to remember anyone by!
sorry for your loss. and welcome back.

Welcome back Mark!

I lost two uncles last year and could've lost my brother-in-law, nephew and two nieces this evening so my thoughts are with you.

Lamb or beef? Beef or lamb? Which did he prefer?

thanks all for your kind words. they are much appreciated.
and photon
he wasn't a picky man, so it would have been a bit of both for him! (you have a good memory)

Nice to see you back Mark. Hopefully you'll be up for one of the london meets soon maybe?

Well now I know where you get your good looks from:whistle:

Glad youre back and get on with that DIY before your wife gets home :LOL:

He really does look a nice chap, and I'm not just saying that.
Your photo has done him justice and given you something to bring back happy memories. (y)

It sounds like you know what an excellent role model you have had - and will always have on your journey through life.

I'm proud to be someone's dad and I'm going to share with you - no-one else mind - that my eyes have just sprung a leak.

What a lovely photo of your father, relaxed and at ease. A good memory to remember.

Welcome back Mark

My Dad died in similar circumstances twenty years ago in January. and I remember every last second of it. You're not alone.

Lovely shot of your Dad.

Regards,

Nick

thanks again to you all, your kind thoughts and words mean a lot to me.

Back