What Redsnapper Head?

Edit My Images
No
After reading all the good comments on here for the redsnappers, I think I'll have a go at one.

I have a 650d, with the 18-135 STM lens, aswell as 50-250 and nifty 50. (just replaced a 1000d, so only just starting out really)

My budget is £110. I'm thinking the new RSF-284 may be the one I'm going to go for as I like the idea of it being a bit shorter and lighter, so slightly better for moving about with (I know its not the lightest tripod, but seems good value in this price range)

I'm unsure if i need to pay the extra £30 to get the RSH-12 head over the RSH-61? is the weight rating the only difference?

I too was going between a redsnapper and manfrotto, I was going to get the RSH-12 but then a friend showed me a head he had bought from a_mazon for £25. I tried it out and was impressed so I bought one and saved the difference towards a new lens. Just another possibility for you.

We both use redsnappers in our household!!

The new rst283 is fantastic!

My personal recommendation would be to get the rst with the kit head, it works out about £70 posted, you really can't go wrong!!!

Then if you find the 3way head isn't sufficient for your needs you can always upgrade in the future.

We both have 1D with an assortment of lenses and the stock head hasn't given us any problems. However we've both upgraded over time. The Missus shoots with a manfrotto 410 head as she does 99% macro. I use a 322rc2 as I do a lot of action sports.

However we both still use the redsnapper heads on our monopods!

Interesting you say the RST283. Was thinking of this one first, but after looking at the rsf284, I thought it was little lighter and compact when folded, and not that much difference in height.

I hate making my mind up!:) May go with your suggestion of getting a better head later on. That way i can look at other heads.

I think the only major difference is the 284 has a 4 section leg, the 283 has 3...

My biggest regret has always been rushing into buying kit before I decide exactly what I need!

At the end of the day the kit head works out at about £8 from memory so it's gotta be worth trying!!

Thanks for all the advise.

Still think I'll give the 284 a try, can't find any reviews on the net for the new RSF-284, so will see what it's like. and as you have said, I'll just get the 3way head to start.

Thanks for all the advise.

Still think I'll give the 284 a try, can't find any reviews on the net for the new RSF-284, so will see what it's like. and as you have said, I'll just get the 3way head to start.

hi greg,
did you buy that red snapper? Im considering it as well, can't find any reviews, please let me know if you bought it if it is any good.

Hi Greg,
helpful review, thanks:) I just have one question, I can't see the spirit level anywhere on the tripod or RS 12 head. Is there any? Because I noticed that the older version RS 284 has a spirit level on top of one legs. Thanks.

Yes your right! No spirt level. Would be nice to have, but can't say I've missed not having one.

Back