What snacks for kids?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
We have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and we're running out of ideas of what we can give them for snacks. The 4 year old in particular is getting bored with the same things we offer them. 'Baby snacks' like cereal bars and biscuits get rejected and other snacks like pom bear crisps and mini cheeders are getting boring and losing their shine now. The 2 year old is happy to eat whatever the older one has.

What snacks do you guys give to kids this sort of age?

Crumpets, raisins, yougurts, Kinder Surprise on occasion, those chopped real cheddar sticks, can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Eggy bread, fruit loaf toast/ hot crossed buns, humus and bread/carrot/cucumber sticks.

Last edited:
Fruit.
That's snacks to eat, not an attack on yourself. (y)

Last edited:
Bananas!

My two (also 4 and 2) also like peanut butter on oatcakes.

I've also used old bananas to make banana bread/muffins without sugar. They seem to like them, especially if I use the dinosaur mould!

I use mashed banana in porridge instead of sugar goes really well with cinnamon.

I was freestying the other day and the kids loved it.

A round of toast sliced in squares. Then diced up some cheese pineapple and ham. Then skewered them and called them "party kebab" lol

My 2 year old absolutely loves petit filous, bananas, strawberries, apples and carrot sticks. She occasionally gets a very small blueberry muffin or some toasted fruit loaf.

We get graze boxes and adapt to what we like but the favourite is the mini Breadsticks and Peanut butter so now we make our own. :D

I cube cheese and keep that in a tub in the fridge, my youngest used to eat loads of the string cheese but prefers strong cheese so it's better all round.

We make cheese scones often too as they are loved since he made them at school

Cheese twists or similar cheese bites too.

We get graze boxes and adapt to what we like but the favourite is the mini Breadsticks and Peanut butter so now we make our own. :D

I cube cheese and keep that in a tub in the fridge, my youngest used to eat loads of the string cheese but prefers strong cheese so it's better all round.

We make cheese scones often too as they are loved since he made them at school

Cheese twists or similar cheese bites too.

Can I have your recipe? I was thinking of trying to make it with coconut oil.

Can I have your recipe? I was thinking of trying to make it with coconut oil.

We just used the BBC goodfood recipe, basic and simple... The only thing I do different is substitute the cayenne pepper for a pinch of dry mustard as it brings out the cheese.
Oh we used extra cheese too so they actually taste of cheese lol

If you do make them with coconut oil csn you let me know how they are as I quite like that idea :)
Screenshot_2016-04-26-13-00-43.jpg

We just used the BBC goodfood recipe, basic and simple... The only thing I do different is substitute the cayenne pepper for a pinch of dry mustard as it brings out the cheese.
Oh we used extra cheese too so they actually taste of cheese lol

If you do make them with coconut oil csn you let me know how they are as I quite like that idea :)
View attachment 63152

Lol

Sorry my fault for being lazy and not going into detail. The peanut butter recipe.

I'll try the scones though too they sound lovely.

Lol

Sorry my fault for being lazy and not going into detail. The peanut butter recipe.

Haha its just Breadsticks and Peanut butter!
I meant we make our own as in just doing it ourselves not actually making the Peanut butter :D

We give dried raisins/sultanas etc. You can also get bags of dried mixed fruit.

If giving grapes, always cut them in half first, to greatly lessen choking hazard.

A really good thing (especially in Summer) is if you have some banana's that are soft/overripe, just keep them in the freezer (in their skin)
They make lovely banana lollies. (y)

My little girl helps herself to frozen peas and yorkshire puddings...

What's wrong with Mars bars and a packet of crisps. All washed down with a bit of fizzy stuff.

Jilly likes frozen chips straight out the bag, but then again Jilly is a dog.

My old GSD used to do that. If the chips were dropped, she was on them like...well...a tramp on chips!
Trouble is, she always puked them straight back up gain :(

My old GSD used to do that. If the chips were dropped, she was on them like...well...a tramp on chips!
Trouble is, she always puked them straight back up gain :(

When I was a kid, a mate had a mad mutt that would hoover up tab-ends from the gutter...........then puke! :puke: (probably not so many `filters` in those days, just Capstan full strength :LOL: )

Try nut based desserts, coconut-almond-date balls with anything else thrown in there.

My daughter used to nick the cat's Munchies biscuits from the bowl.

Poor old moggy then had a Blackbird pop in the back door and pinch them too

Back