What too buy next?

Name
Jason
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,
As you can see i'm only just starting out in photography and i'm looking to pick up some more equipment. I've got a Nikon D3200 with a AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G lens,what would you recommend that i get next? I know I need to pick up a tripod and another lens as i like taking photos of nature and find my lens not not very good when zooming in from far distances at animals etc? So any feedback will be taken on board.

Thanks,

Jason

It all depends on what you want to photograph really... same goes for the tele lens. That 55-300 I found was great for slow moving objects/animals, but not ideal for birds in flight etc (but that may well be down to my skills too haha).
Personally for the macro lens, I'm saving for the Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR G. They come up on the classifieds here from time to time and certainly hold their value. The 40mm and 60mm are probably a little too short for some bugs as you'd need the glass too close, which would likely scare them away.

Best non pro long lens is the Nikon 70-300 VR, very good value and 2nd hand on here around £275. Macro you have the tamron 90mm 2.8, slow to focus but very good IQ, guess at around £200 second hand.

Thanks guys,all these lens are making no sense to me but I'm sure I'll pick it up haha

Back