What was the last gig you went to?

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Back in the seventies and eighties when I was a "bit" younger regularly went to gigs, big and small bands

Made me wonder if people still went much and ashamed to say my last live music event was the relaunch of Big Country back in 2011

Just bought a ticket for Evanescence at the Hammersmith Apollo in June.
Showing my age now, saw Kiss there when it was the Odeon, believe the support band was Stray.

Last edited:
I think it was Jools Holland locally, last time I travelled was to see Dire Straits (they were dire :( ) in Glasgow.

Either Runrig, Cambridge Corn Exchange or The Levellers, UEA - I'd need to check the dates.

It's the expense that puts people off now.

Went to see Paul Simon & Sting at the NEC and it was only £125 ? for two tickets. The year before finally saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse (at the NEC) and it was £175 for the two of us.

Just can't afford that kind of outlay too often.

I don't go anymore, but used to love them. Being a short arse always made them hit and miss, but the added challenge of seeing past phone cameras makes gigging unbearable now.

Although I did see a couple of younger punk bands supporting a bunch of old timers in a local pub recently, which was alright.

Last edited:
Australian Pink Floyd @ The Usher Hall in Edinburgh last November

It's the expense that puts people off now.

Went to see Paul Simon & Sting at the NEC and it was only £125 ? for two tickets. The year before finally saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse (at the NEC) and it was £175 for the two of us.

Just can't afford that kind of outlay too often.

Tis true, bog standard ticket for Metallica at the O2 is 97 quid, glad I'm not that keen on them anyway

Little stevie wonder at the rainbow ,Finsbury park .think it was around 1964 and the tickets were about ten bob each :beer:

Apart from pub gigs I think the last was Anti nowhere league and the Defects in Glasgow.
Looking forward to Scotland Calling, all day punk gig in April, scene last year of me rupturing my Achilles, thankfully plenty of beer allowed me to continue to enjoy the evening.
It was only the next day when Mrs insisted I go to a+e that I was told it was knacked.

UFO last October. Going to Jeff Lynne's ELO in a few months. May do the Sunday of Ramblin' Man Fair to see ZZ Top UFO Magnum and quite a few other bands on the day's billing.

Greenday in Feb this year. went to see Heart last year, 30 years after first seeing them live in 1986.

10 days ago I went to a performance of Music for 18 musicians, (composed by Steve Reich, performed by members of the London Philharmonic Orchestra) at the Royal Festival Hall. Was very good, though they didn't have quite the razor sharp precision that Reich's own ensemble had when I saw them at the Carnegie hall a decade ago.

I recently went to see Ash at their 20 year anniversary of their 1977 album (how old??!!), it was awesome with everyone reliving their youth and moshing like they were 20 again. Ash were amazing too.

Motorhead / Alice Cooper in Manchester quite a few years ago, Will be seeing Jethro Tull at the Bradford Cathedral in December!

UFO last October. Going to Jeff Lynne's ELO in a few months. May do the Sunday of Ramblin' Man Fair to see ZZ Top UFO Magnum and quite a few other bands on the day's billing.

My old man and his mates do ramblin man.
His mate's garden has a back garden gate into Moat Park.
Free festival.
Result. :)

I can't remember. I think it was either Bombay bicycle club in barfly Cardiff or the foals when i was in new York. Both around the same time 2007 i think.

Last edited:
I'm in my 60s and used to go to 3 or 4 gigs a week in my teens. Nowadays my wife and me still go to small gigs, but not as often :D We're lucky that our local football club, Sutton United, put on gigs in their social club. Some decent bands for not a lot of money: we saw Focus recently, think it was £12 each.

My band experiences also date from long ago - mostly in Newcastle and mainly at the Go Go - The Nice, John Mayall, Julie Driscoll and Brian Auger, Captain Beefheart, Country Joe and the Fish, Arthur Brown, Chicago, The Who, Deep Purple. Last one was Jools Holland at Audley End a few years ago.

Dave

Last year saw Dave Gilmour at the Albert Hall and Squeeze in Bournemouth.

How about these two familiar names playing later in the year, Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow and The Darkness

Desperately need some new decent rock bands, shocked to realise Appetite For Destruction is nigh on thirty years old

Blossoms a couple of weeks ago in Liverpool, got Gary Numan in July too. We go quite regularly :)

Surprised no one's mentioned Iron Maiden yet?

Last edited:
Last gig? I played this week at the Bell in Adderbury. :)

Last gig by someone else was probably The Big Church Day Out (weekend music festival, despite the name) about 4 years ago, though I can't say that I enjoyed it much TBH.

Dont go as much as I used to, saw Adele last year, very expensive but very good. Saw Slade and Christmas and that was the best gig I have ever been to, absolutely brilliant! Also saw Absolute Kinks a fortnight later who are a good tribute band. Seeing Walkway tomorrow in St Ives, they only play in East Anglia in the main but have supported Quo I believe.

Heaven's Basement last year. Got a (accidental) black eye from the mosh pit. Not bad for an old fart who's first gig was the Cult in Slough in 1985.

Looking forward to some dates from the two bands to come out of their split (Aaron Buchanan & The Cult Classics / The Cruel Knives)

Going to see Holy Holy perform Ziggy Stardust in Ayelsbury tomorrow night

Back