What Was Your Best Christmas Present?

Nice try, but mine is no bigger than the tip of my index finger, and far more effective :D
Yeah - but bet you’re looking at your finger now and thinking “mmmm - Mjiolnir” :ROFLMAO:

It’s so rare that I get the oportunity to have a little boast; but my amazing hubby went totally f’ing nuts and pre-ordered me a Nikon Z 100-400mm S series lens. Hoping to have it in my mitts very soon! :) :) :) :)

I feel so spoilt rotten, but it’s pretty much the perfect focal range, and weight for me to handle. I previously tried a Tamron 150-600mm with my FtZ, but it was just too heavy for my shoulders (I have a whole bunch of physical disabilities).
Well my 100-400 still hadn’t shipped to the dealer yet (end January) soooo I made an executive decision and cancelled the order in favour of a few bits from the used section. Got myself a Nikon AF-S 300mm f/4E VR IFED PF, a TC14E III, a Nikon AF-S 105mm f/2.8G VR IFED Macro, a Peak Design wrist cuff, and a shiny new FtZ II adaptor. Got it all this Monday, except the bloomin FtZ which is arriving tomorrow!

Very very pleaseed with the size and weight (or lack thereof) of the Nikon 300mm PF lens. Even with my spine/nerve issues, I can hand-hold the Z6 with it and tomorrow going to see how it stacks up with the 1.4TC on as well!

Being disabled is a real pain (lol) - but I am confident that going for the lightweight tele with optional 1.4x TC is a better fit for my abilities than the much heavier Z 100-400.

Oh, and got that lot for £400 less than the 100-400 would have cost my poor darling husband. Win-win :)

Now you’re showing your age by linking that - and I’m showing mine by understanding it :D
The original He Man, there's been several remakes/reboots but none of them compare to the 80s original, especially not the crap latest reboot that was on Netflix towards the end of last year.

On topic, my best Christmas present was an original Xbox way back in Christmas 2001, having just given up on PC gaming at the time due to problems running almost anything under Windows XP, I poured my heart and soul into Xbox, trouble is the first time I played Halo I thought the single player Campaign was crap, and found the split screen multiplayer confusing, if I hadn't played Dead or Alive 3 or Oddworld: Munch's Oddyssey I'd have defected to the PS2.

Last edited:
A bottle of Dalwhinnie Winter's Gold Single Malt.

It even took my mind off photgraphy for a few minutes!
Got one of these last week on offer at Tesco

very very nice

Back