What was your best Wildlife shot to Date?

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
I'll offer this as one of my better images- taken last year :) Fallow deer

y6eF51z.jpg

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s very hard to choose a favourite wildlife image! Usually I have several that make a small gallery but most images I take never reach that level! A favourite image can also be because I remember how good it was taking the image, although the resulting image may not be as good.

One image I quite like is this Puffin image:

569C9018-D4EB-44F3-9254-C8A55FB19EC3.jpeg
The reason I like it so much is because of the refocused foreground and background. I often try this and there is always something sticking out and in focus! The Puffin isn’t in the usual pose you see them in too which makes it a little different.

Puffins are one of those animals that look good whatever the light or weather is doing. You can therefore get away without stunning light although I would love stunning light too :)

As others have said, if you shoot a lot of wildlife photos it becomes difficult to choose just one from what you think are your best.

I am inclined to post my favourites rather than what may be considered my best. But the problem is that I have quite a few favourites to choose just one from.

I am pleased with this one and it brings back memories of a wonderful trip :

STARING DOWN THE MIDNIGHT SUN IN THE FORESTS OF FINLAND by Robin Procter, on Flickr

Last edited:
Has to be my kingfisher and although it's maybe not the best kingfisher image ever on these forums, it took me a long time to get this one and it was a privilege to win the bird's confidence and get to spend many hours with it. I am planning on reprocessing this one as I'm not entirely happy with some cloning to the BG but I have a huge sentiment involved with this image, so this is easily my favourite.

IMGL3299 DPP LR CS6 JP.jpg

A liitle cloning would go a long way in this one, in my opinion........
Fair enough... I left them partly because I didn't want it to feel like it's heavily edited, and partly because I was thinking this might be one to submit for competition.

Probably one of me Auks in flight, just for being technically very tricky to nail but rewarding when you do

Razorbill fly by by Phil D, on Flickr

And for totally different reasons, probably me all time favourite has to be these 2 Long-eared owlets, printed at A3 and hanging on the living room wall
It took me 3 breading seasons before I managed to get this close without causing any stress or disturbance but definitely worth the wait

Long-eared Owlet Siblings by Phil D, on Flickr

Some great photos.

So hard to choose, but this I think that this shot may well be my favourite animal shot, up until this point I'd barely seen a badger in my life.

And this is probably my favourite bird shot, a Tufted Coquette - I have technically better, cleaner hummingbird photos, but I had wanted to see and photograph these mad looking things for years having seen a picture of one in a book. They are tiny (about 6cm) and pretty quick, so I was really happy to see one.

IMGL9682.jpg
IMG_8253.jpg

I love this one, because it was taken with a Sigma 150/600 C lens

36482470575_057560915f_o.jpg

One of life's surprises, hadn't realised what I got till I downloaded it, nearly deleted it

42903428121_e0f23f2efc_o.jpg

shere-khan by geof worrall, on Flickr

from an open jeep in ranthambore tiger reserve...closest i have been to a wild tiger
scan of a print...

Back