What was your First ever camera?

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Inspired by my other thread on your first computer this is the 'what was your first ever camera' and then evolution of?? (hopefully in the right forum!)

My first ever camera was a Halina 110 Cartridge camera. Then moving on from that my first 'proper' SLR was a Miranda MS2 Super. When it was time to change to an AF film SLR my first was the Pentax SF7.

Finally when I made the big switch to Digital quite a few years ago the first camera I bought was a Canon 1D MKI.

In between all these I had a whole range of Minolta AF SLR's before making the move to Canon.

Anyways here is a photo of all my 'First' camera's.

So what are yours??

IMG_32461.jpg

halina 110 for me aswell

then:

- pentax espio 140
- EOS 300 35mm SLR and lenses

digital
- powershot A70
- powershot S1 IS
- 30D
- 50D
- 7D within a few months

I was just thinking about this the other day.

Mine was a Praktika MTL 5B. Manual everything, but taught me about exposure, focussing, composure, etc. Looks so antiquated, but had a Carl Zeiss 50mm f2.8 lens which still looks tasty today.

Then a very long time later got back into photography with a Canon 400d, and now have a 40d.

I had some spurious 110, I don't think it ever got a film put through it before I was given a Zenith (EM ?) SLR for Christmas, probably in 1978 or '79. Now using a D80, but I don't think I'm any better than I was then !

Mine was an old Kodak Instamatic like the one below. I found it just sitting in the middle of a field/park area, There was no one about so i took it. I was about 5 at the time (i'm 43 now!) and it served me well. My parents said i could take it. We were there all day and no one came back for it!

Similar to this:
417406895_bceb28f77d.jpg

The old MTL5b for me as well, ahh memories....

Canon A1. I think it must have been the early 80's. Got a bank loan and bought it from Comets. Iirc it was £300.00:eek:. Probably about a 2 months wages back then:D

MTL5b for me too, a long time ago (1980:eek:)

Agfa Isolette.

I still have one (it's badged Ansco for the American market though) which I use.

Steve.

Brownie 127 ( yes that dates me) then the classic Halina 35X

Mine was a 110 thingy with cube flashes !

Anyone else remember them ?

k1000

A Praktica PL noval which my Grandad gave me when I was 12. I still have it as I cant part with it for sentimental reasons. Not used it for years, last time I did I noticed the shutter was occasionally sticking :(

I also have my manual light meter which I used with it. I still love the way the little analouge needle reacts to the light. I played with it endlesly as a weee boy which is why Grandad gave it to me.

Just snapped it:

4032173125_f750d9ca60.jpg

Mine was a 1930's German folder of unknown make, with 3 speed shutter and f7.7 lens. with front cell focussing taking 6x9 shots on 120 film.
It came a little way above the rubbish class.

A 110 of some description, can't remember what exactly, followed by my first SLR - a Ricoh KR-10

Chinon compact-chinon SLR-Pentax me super-Nikon f501-Pentax slr??-Digial compact fuji-fuji s7000-fuji s9500-Canon EOS350D present Nikon D90

Kodak Instamatic - cant remember which - but a VERY basic one - then a Zenit EM - was SO proud of it - learnt so much about exposure - did all my own mono processing (all in my bedroom - just stank of fix all the time!) Used to do some wacky close up macro lark - all held together with tape and involved loo paper tubes etc - all the an inverted Zenith lens on the front - what fun! Bought mega rolls of IP4 from Jessops and cut them up in to reused 35mm can - all under my bed clothes!!! What ever my mother thought I dont know! Eventually, afetr some 18th hand russian enlarger (came in a proper suitcase!) saved enough pocket money to buy a Durst 35m - with a Nikkor lens - Got through SO much 20" x 16" paper - enlarger head to 90 degrees - paper tacked to the wall with bluetack - some SERIOUS enlargements. Just great fun!

Then got in to colour processing - but dont think I ever really got the temps right!

(All done with back ground music of Deep Purple; Led Zep and Santana playing on a terrible old record player!!!).

All great fun!

Rog

First camera wholly owned by my was an olympus om10 bought for me as a gift.
And all the ones I can remember, in chronological order are..

Olympus om10
Olympus om40
Olympus om4ti
Nikon F301
Nikon FM2n
Nikon F3
Nikon F4s
Mamiya 645
Mamiya RB67
Toyo 5x4
Sinar F2 5x4
Sinar P 5x4
Wista field 8 x 10
Nikon D70
Nikon D200
Nikon D300
Nikon D3

I still own quite a few of these :love:

The first Camera I had was a Polaroid...

My first 35mm was the first Olympus Trip as advertised by David Bailey..

First camera used was a Pentax Spotmatic when I was at college in 1979, first camera owned was a Zenith TTL bought for me for Christmas that year by my fiancee at the time (now my long suffering wife).

a Hanimex 108F, an old 110 style

Litle kodak box-->Litle green plastic box-->canon eos 500n-->52 vintage things-->samsung digimax piont and shoot--> olympus om10

For my 7th birthday (some time in the mid-70s) I was given a 'spy kit'. This contained a fully functional (though very basic) casette film camera, which I absolutely fell in love with. All my shots were in B&W, but I still have some of them today in the loft somewhere, and they're fab.

That was closely followed by a Russian Lomo Smena when I was 10, which took 35mm film, and I manged to make the transition to colour!

At 12, I was given my first SLR - a Nikon EM. I've been a Nikon fan ever since.

I had a PINK :thumbsdown: Halina 110, sadly I can't find any embarrassing photos of it on Google. :D

After that, a Konica Big Mini Junior from Argos! :LOL:

11070818403979-546.jpg

(not my photo)

My first camera was free by collecting SPORTS chocolate biscuit wrappers around 45 years ago. My Mum still has the photos I took with it.
More recently:

Olympus Trip
Fujika STX1
Chinon CE4
Chinon CP7
Canon A1
EOS 1000F
EOS 100
EOS 5
Canon Pwershot G2
EOS 300D
Ixus 700
Panasonic LX2
Canon Powershot S5is
EOS 30D (currently for sale in classifieds if anyone is interested)
EOS 40D
EOS 5D Mk2

Pentax K1000 :D (30 years old an still working perfectly, they don't make them like this anymore)

4035631430_9ebe3ba5c3_o.jpg

Some kind of Chinon Slr that i got from Dixons. Had it a year or 3 then traded it in for a Canon Eos 650.

Ilford Sportsman... this one I think... It had been my dads. I won a local under 14's photography comp with it at the age of 11.

My first proper film camera was a cosmic 35, which I still have in the atic somewhere.
Lomo_Cosmic-35.jpg

Back