what would you buy?

Name
Greg
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

I have a dilemaall be it a small one but still a dilema
I have at the moment the Canon 450d 18-55 kit lens Tamron 70 - 300 LD DI battery grip few filters et. I mainly do landscapes for fun when walking and some portraits done a few parties night clubs concerts etc.
I now have a few quid to spend around £600.
Do I
a) Not spend it and put it away get a better body and lenses? maybe a 50d 7d or a little bit later 5d
b) get a 17 - 85 IS USM and speedlight430ii
c) get a different lens like a sigma 17 - 70 2.8?
d) scrap both lenses and upgrade to a better 17-85 and a 70 - 300 IS?

help my gf suggests buying a new tv and blu ray home cinema (she obviously does not understand my dilema?

Thanks for any words of wisodm.

Greg

I would say updrade your kit lens first, you might be best going for an EF lens (full frame) so you can go to full frame (ie 5D) if you want later down the line.

Maybe a lens that dose well in low light is an option, the sigma 24-70 EX DG f2.8. Or... if you can carry on save up some more go for an L lens!

You say you mainly do landscapes so how about a Sigma 10-20 or a Canon 10-22?
Some might say ultra wide angle lenses are too wide for landscapes but I love the Canon 10-22 for that purpose.
A lens that gets overlooked by many is the Tamron AF 18-270mm f3.5-6.3 Di II VC.
People will argue about a lens with such a long zoom range being able to sharp and the widest and longest range.
Obviously it's not an L lens but again, I love this lens and I believe it's generally sharper than the Canon 17-85IS USM and the Canon 55-250IS that I previously owned.
You could then sell your kit lens and Tamron 70-300 and perhaps have enough for a tamron 18-50mm f/2.8.
I would consider investing in lenses before upgrading the body.
You could look at a standard zoom L lens but it's all down to the range you want to cover.

never underestimate the other half...

ps3 and tv...

As for lenses, the ef for canon (already suggested) above is probably your best bet. If you can sell pics or time n pics then use that as an uh excuse for upgrading the lens, then feed the money back for ps3 and tv (ps3 has blu ray... bons is you can play games too...)

:D

just a thought :)

Back