What would you do with the £15 you won with 5 numbers on Lotto?

Wife was on about this earlier. Seems odd. :confused:

Presumably there is a fixed % `pot` to be distributed for each win? eg X number of £'s to be shared out for 3 numbers, X number of £'s between 4 number winners.....& so on.

Presumably there is a fixed % `pot`
Yep 3 numbers is guaranteed £25, the rest is all down to percentages.

Can't say that I wouldn't be a little miffed either had it happened to me though.

I'd get my hair cut...

I got 5 numbers about 15 years ago. I was rather miffed with the £2k I got but apparently that was a pretty decent amount at the time...

Daily Mail once won a win a million quid competition quite some time ago (about 30 years?), only they cocked up the winning tickets and instead of 1 there was so many that winners got £10 each.
My parents kept their check framed in the downstairs loo, along with the Mac cartoon that was in the paper the next day "I'm a daily mail millionaire winner, but I won't let it change my life!"

That would be fairly disappointing... Couldn't even fill the car up. But as I've never got that close, I guess it's better than nothing.

That would be fairly disappointing... Couldn't even fill the car up. But as I've never got that close, I guess it's better than nothing.
I could squeeze about 50p of it into my tank at the moment. (y)
As with all wins, I'd leave it in my lottery account and use it to pay for future tickets.

Not sure how it can be seen as a rip-off. Presumably people read the rules before placing their bet.
Why would they expect more money than the rules entitle them to?
Maybe it's greed.

Not sure how it can be seen as a rip-off. Presumably people read the rules before placing their bet.
The rules are there but you never know what you are going to get until the prize fund is totted up, along with the number of winning tickets.
Some weeks 5 numbers will win a few grand, I wouldn't expect to win less than someone on 3 numbers either ....
Dare I say, its a bloody lottery :D

The rules are there but you never know what you are going to get until the prize fund is totted up, along with the number of winning tickets.
Some weeks 5 numbers will win a few grand, I wouldn't expect to win less than someone on 3 numbers either ....
Dare I say, its a bloody lottery :D
I've had quite a few Euro Lottery wins, some more than the next prize, some less than the next prize band down. I very rarely look at the prize breakdown though. They just pay the winnings into my account and I just "reinvest" it when my tickets have run out.

I'd get a T shirt printed with "I no longer pay the greed tax!"

Back