What would you say?

Name
Dmitry
Edit My Images
Yes
What would you say about this picture. Not sharp enough?
I'm newbie so...
P.S
MODEL AMAZING :runaway:
_MG_8805.JPG

Last edited:
What I'd say depends on who it's for and why you took it.

It's sharp enough, nicely exposed and well timed with pretty light used well. But I do wonder where the groom is? And the up-the-nose view is usually to be avoided.

Last edited:
I'd have preferred the focus on her face, if focussing on the hands or confetti I'd need the face more OoF.

What bothers me more than the 'up the nose' is the confetti over her mouth. To improve it I'd shoot a burst to pick the frame and focus on the eyes.

Edit to add. It's one of those 'shot on the 1/3rd for no good reason, frames, shot in portrait mode with the bride centred would be stronger.

Last edited:
I can see why you cropped it the way you did as it contains the confetti. however off-centre usually works better when the subject is looking towards the centre of the frame, not out of it.
This is what you would call a chancy shot, as you are at the whim of the wind and the flight of the confetti. You should be able to test which way it will move before you set the pose and frame.
However chance dictates that you shoot in a fast burst, and more than one time to be "nearly" certain to get a better placement.
Like most people I have a thing about nostrils and prefer not to examine them too closely.

Last edited:
I'd have preferred the focus on her face, if focussing on the hands or confetti I'd need the face more OoF.

What bothers me more than the 'up the nose' is the confetti over her mouth. To improve it I'd shoot a burst to pick the frame and focus on the eyes.

Edit to add. It's one of those 'shot on the 1/3rd for no good reason, frames, shot in portrait mode with the bride centred would be stronger.
Lots to take on board there, all good points.
Do you have one with the eyes open, as well as the "make a wish" theme?

What I'd say depends on who it's for and why you took it.

It's sharp enough, nicely exposed and well timed with pretty light used well. But I do wonder where the groom is? And the up-the-nose view is usually to be avoided.

I take for TFP. She is not model just a friend.

Thanks for remarks and your critic. I just make 2 shots and this is cherry flowers.

_MG_8804.JPG

I can see why you cropped it the way you did as it contains the confetti. however off-centre usually works better when the subject is looking towards the centre of the frame, not out of it.
This is what you would call a chancy shot, as you are at the whim of the wind and the flight of the confetti. You should be able to test which way it will move before you set the pose and frame.
However chance dictates that you shoot in a fast burst, and more than one time to be "nearly" certain to get a better placement.
Like most people I have a thing about nostrils and prefer not to examine them too closely.

What about this one?

Last edited:
Back