What you listening to RIGHT now?

Second disc of the new Iron Maiden double album "The Book Of Souls"

Any good ?

Ok at best, better than the last two (wouldn't be hard) and reminds me a bit in places of Brave New World.

Couple of tracks overly long without much substance, probably time they slung it in really

Last edited:
Ok at best, better than the last two (wouldn't be hard) and reminds me a bit in places of Brave New World.
I thought AMOLAD was better than DoD, taken as a whole album. Although Montesgur is a great track (nice to see them do something a bit different).

I think they're getting stuck in a rut. Bruce's last three solo albums (maybe even Skunkworks too) have all been better than Maiden's ouptut since SSoaSS, which suggests they really need to shake up the song writing. Maybe Steve needs to sit out an album.

I read an interview once where Steve stated that Maiden record everything they write, and release everything they record. Couple that with doing most of the writing in the studio and it's no wonder the output is so hit-and-miss.

Can't ever see that happening
Indeed, he does seem to think of himself as the band's creative force. Unfortunately, it's a force that's been on the wane for a few years. I think they need to spend a lot more time writing before they get to the studio, because the creative juices clearly aren't flowing like they used to. Shame, because their oeuvre (especially Piece of Mind through to SSoaSS) has had moments of genius.

The Official Colourbox World Cup Theme - Colourbox

Back