Whats so good about David Bailey?

Plus he shot film (slides), no instant feedback, no photoshop to save his ass if he over or underexpose. Much of it was MF, 12 shots roll, costs a fortune to develope.

and no Talkphotography to tell you how to do it!!:LOL:

If some people here are failing to understand the reasons behind his iconic status with photography and are willing to dismiss Bresson as Crap then they certainly have a lots to learn. :wacky:

Read the thread. I was looking at a different David Baileys website.

He took lots of great pictures of famous people who the proles wanted to look at.

Having lots of sex with some of them probably helped too.

david bailey is still a master at his art! in the 60's and 70's he pioneered and created the benchmark for fashion photography making it what it is today. he also captured his subjects personality within his photo's. his interaction with the viewer of his work and the subject featured in his work is amazing.

you have to read some of his books to fully appreciate how good bailey actually is, i know im a convert! when i first looked at his worked i thought it was mediocure but when i looked at some of his books i began to fully realise why he is so great, and now i aspire to his work!

i think the amount of sarcasm in glitches post answers your question quite nicely

Perhaps, perhaps... when I read the comment, I was a bit quick off the mark and didn't see the subtlety in the comment which you obviously did. Mea culpa.

Anthony.

Back