Whats you best Android phone camera App ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Finally I've hit the 20th century with regard to my phone , Can anyone suggest any Android camera apps that give me a little more control ?
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year all.

Last edited:
Other than make specific control apps (for Nikon and Fuji), the only photography related app I use is The Photographer's Ephemeris.

i have tried various apps allowing greater control/raw etc but came to the conclusion that if i wanted this sort of thing it would make sense to use a camera rather than a phone

Thanks all, the phone is a Samsung J3. I've tried Open camera and Long exposure 2 with some good results and have even tried 3D effect for 3D Photos and 3D video camera, both amuse the grand kids if nothing else.

I use snapseed. In fact I use that to edit my camera images now too

I've done that a few times, too. Three of my cameras have built-in WiFi so I can squirt the photos over to the tablet, process them in Snapseed, then upload them to wherever. Amazingly, my Android tablet even seems to understand the Panasonic .RW2 format, so I'll be trying it out with my TZ70 soon.

Do the different apps just offer more controls than the manufacturer provided app?
Isn't the camera controls part of the operating system anyway so what advantage is there to third party apps?

Many of them offer more controls, others add features such as the ability to add instant 'filters', as in Instagram, or add-ons like text, stickers, emoticons, etc. From the sublime to the ridiculous, you might say.

Back