Wheatfield HDR

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
I took these a couple of nights ago. Quite pleased with them, aside from the nasty sun flare. Any advice on how to prevent this? I was using a UV filter. Would that be the cause of it, or does it just happen when shooting into the sun?

4836642367_c5805af977_z.jpg

4840661362_44622a2cd5_z.jpg

4836641555_56aa931ab6_z.jpg

I am aware that the HDR might be a tad overdone for some tastes. I don't care. :razz: :D

Cheers. :)

Personally, I think the sun flare really adds to your monochrome photo. Great shot!

Shooting direct into the sun like that some flares are pretty much inevitable, to minimise them I would have taken the filter off and made sure the front element was spotless.

Cheers folks. (y)

Thanks for that Alex. I don't normally use any filter, but the 10-20mm I was using is a borrowed one, and it was loaned with the filter attached. My own lazy fault for not removing it really, coupled with being in a rush to get the shot before the sun disappeared. I'll know for next time. :)

The B&W is stunning, a really nice photo with great contrast. However the colour two really are not good in my eyes, the colours are too 'fierce' for the angle I think you're trying to take.

Also, I dont know if it's me but the horizon looks a little slanted.

If I remember rightly, I don't think it was a flat field, though I could be wrong. :D Annoyingly I don't even remember where it is either. I just went out in the car and drove around until I found a nice spot to pull over.

I'll have another go at the colour versions. I think it might be the overdone HDR that's putting people off. :)

Thanks for the comments. (y)

Back