When cyclists attack

Looks like you've been assaulted. Hope you've involved the police. Presumably you moved yourself in front of the truck to be covered by the camera.

What was his problem with you? Was he trying to overtake you? But you have defo been assaulted, you didn't throw a punch

Last edited:
Why didn't he stay to the left? Knob

He looks very familiar. I'm sure I've seen him in another road rage video. I'm intrigued by his altercation with the other cyclist, what did he say to him to make him pull his bike from under him?

Yup to the scene, still waiting for them to come for a statement and a copy of the video though.

wow what a d******d some cyclists can be, i hope he got the bike shoved up his arse.
Dont know what happened out of view of the camera but did he realy try to overtake traffic on the right on a f*****g pushiron?

I find the right is the best place to filter past slow traffic if you use your brain. No different to a motorcycle, you just keep an eye on their mirrors and alway make sure you can safely move back in.

I found that I was covered under my house insurance when I went flying over a bonnet.

@phil8 im glad you are ok bud, don't let the derailment squad mess on your parade.
The guy was a camel jockey and i hope they catch up with him and shove his pump up his passage.

I went for a baptism of fire by putting it on faceache first, this lot are kindergarden kids ;)

It's not just tax they should be insured as I said before. It's not always the motorist that is wrong.

As someone else said above, home insurance can cover cyclists. Some who take it more seriously take out dedicated cover.

But no you're right its not always the 4 wheelers fault. But looks like 6 of one and half dozen of the other here.

I'm OK BTW, thanks for asking ;)

Oh you posted this for sympathy?

Seeing as you have provided no back story etc. I will go on what I see in the video

Shouting obscenities out of the cab window did you no favors

Also you should have stayed in your cab and not got out for an altercation with the cyclist

Sorry but you are just as much to blame for the altercation in the video as the cyclist

Oh you posted this for sympathy?

Seeing as you have provided no back story etc. I will go on what I see in the video

Shouting obscenities out of the cab window did you no favors

Also you should have stayed in your cab and not got out for an altercation with the cyclist

Sorry but you are just as much to blame for the altercation in the video as the cyclist
Looks to me like the vehicle moved forward when the cyclist moved in front also.

I've no idea on the law specifically, but I guess one of the main questions would be why did you get out of the car.

My take on it, he tries to overtake, unclear who is right or wrong as no video, though I would side with you on this. I overtake on the outside sometimes, but not in that type of situation.

Verbal altercation on both sides. He pulls in front, more verbals, looks like he bangs on front of truck (I guess that would be key). looks unlikely to have caused any damage though.

Next question would be why do you get out? To check for damage, to confront him etc.

Next time we see you both, you are holding him. Question is are you legally able to hold him like that, and is he just trying to get away at that point - you look stronger than him (I assume there is no reason he could not go at the point?). He starts punching, but is that just so you would let go of you. You appear in the video, once you are out of the cab, to be the one 'chasing' him not vice versa.

I'd be surprised if he was charged, and with only part of the story I don't think either of you cover yourselves in glory, as Neil says above looks like it could have been diffused, but I accept I was not there not did I see or hear everything.

Not sure the other guy should have taken the bike from under him like that either.

Anyway, glad you are ok and hope your next journey is a bit more stress free - I think a new radio station might help with that! ;)

Back