Where can I get excellent quality prints with quick turnaround!!!

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everyone,

I took some photos for a mates band who did a gig over the weekend. i want to get three or four of the better pictures printed for them. I shot black and white at 800 ISO and after processing in PS I have purposely made them very dark.

Can anyone reccommend best size to print at considering ISO. Also will they be best on a matte finish, gloss, silk etc????

Any reccomendations on where to get them printed would also be helpful. I want quality without spending a fortune if possible. Will i get a decent result in somewhere like jessops or have you got to spend the money and use someone like Metro??

Any advice would be really appreciated

Cheers

Dan

DSCL in Manchester are lightening quick, extremely reasonable price wise and if you give them a ring, they will advise on size etc (y)

:plus1:

Can't recommend them highly enough, I've ordered a fair few prints in varying sizes over the past few months and been blown away with each order and the turn around. Their Metallic prints are quite simply exceptional!!

DSCL in Manchester are lightening quick, extremely reasonable price wise and if you give them a ring, they will advise on size etc (y)

:plus1:

Can't recommend them highly enough, I've ordered a fair few prints in varying sizes over the past few months and been blown away with each order and the turn around. Their Metallic prints are quite simply exceptional!!

:agree:

Hi guys,

thanks for the reply. I am going to send my photos to DSCL later tonight. I am having massive trouble trying to send the photos as tiffs (the file sizes seem huge)

how did you send your photos to DSCL? Can they be sent as Tiff?

I have loaded photos into Photoshop, made changes (no layers) then saved as a Photoshop document. I have then opened the PSD and saved seperately as a tiff. I have made sure all pictures are saved at 300 dpi as requested by DSCL.

I could really do with some help on this if you don't mind

Cheers

Dan

Yep, never had a problem and they are very fast indeed.

Andy

and what is your point? DSCL do a great job at a great price. Loxleys are over priced, never heard of colorworld (they can't spell colour correctly for a start lol ) and I've never used snapping sam. we can only comment on what we know so in all fairness I can't recommed any of the places you have mentioned ;)

I think in the interests of fairness it would be worth mentioning other labs for consideration, I am sure DSCL do a super job, but they always seem to get flagged up -

Like here-

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=363312

Let's not forget Loxleys, Colorworld, Snapping Sams, etc.

Fair enough, that is your perogative, but as I sadi, so often one company gets referred to . Actually I do believe that Loxleys do do a good job, maybe their price is reflective of their quality?.

I just think a spread of opinion would be nice on a forum used by so many. :)

Loxleys are great, but they aren't that quick and are rather expensive. DSCL are affordable, quick and great quality... there is a reason why so many are recommending them :)

MARK AMIES said:
Fair enough, that is your perogative, but as I sadi, so often one company gets referred to . Actually I do believe that Loxleys do do a good job, maybe their price is reflective of their quality?.

I just think a spread of opinion would be nice on a forum used by so many. :)

Dscl are the best, quality is amazing, prices are the cheapest in the UK, support is fantastic.

Op is asking for people to suggest places for prints, everyone Is giving their opinions and its simply that everyone that has replied loves dscl and rightly so!

I've only ever used dscl as they provide the best service I have tried and haven't had to look elsewhere.

DGN1984 said:
Hi guys,

thanks for the reply. I am going to send my photos to DSCL later tonight. I am having massive trouble trying to send the photos as tiffs (the file sizes seem huge)

how did you send your photos to DSCL? Can they be sent as Tiff?

I have loaded photos into Photoshop, made changes (no layers) then saved as a Photoshop document. I have then opened the PSD and saved seperately as a tiff. I have made sure all pictures are saved at 300 dpi as requested by DSCL.

I could really do with some help on this if you don't mind

Cheers

Dan

Dscl have all the info on their site. If you use lightroom you can set up exports that work a treat.

I have previously used Jessops, and have been disappointed with the quality.

My last set were done at DSCL. Can't fault them.

Back