where do you buy your Canon bodies

Name
stewart
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, couldnt find an appropriate forum to post this in, so please feel free to move it ( Mods ).

I am looking at getting a Canon 5D Mk ii, anywhere i should be looking to get a great deal. Not really interested in packages unless they are with good glassware.

Many thanks, Stew

Hi all, couldnt find an appropriate forum to post this in, so please feel free to move it ( Mods ).

I am looking at getting a Canon 5D Mk ii, anywhere i should be looking to get a great deal. Not really interested in packages unless they are with good glassware.

Many thanks, Stew

I got mine from Digital Rev on Hong Kong.

No problems with it and they have agents in the UK (camera shops) who'll repair the camera under warranty..

There was an ad on here tradecameras.co.uk or com selling the 5D Mk II for £1869.00 body only, but have never shopped with them...

I got mine from Digital Rev on Hong Kong.

No problems with it and they have agents in the UK (camera shops) who'll repair the camera under warranty..

There was an ad on here tradecameras.co.uk or com selling the 5D Mk II for £1869.00 body only, but have never shopped with them...

I have bought from Digital rev in the past (from ebay as oposed to their shop site) I would say make sure if you go down this route to purchase on an auction that guarantees the vat/tax to be paid if you get charged as some of ther items dont cover this,

I got clobbered on a lens but as per item description the paid it in full with in a few days. very good service :woot:

Another vote for Kerso(y)
Dean:)

Many thanks, Stew

try kerso from here

Bought my 40D from Jessops the first day it was available. They were the same price as everywhere else and threw in a 3 year warrenty.

Got my 50D as a replacement for the broken 40D under warrenty with the Jessops vouchers...

+1 for Kerso.
he had them for around £1900 few weeks back

Wherever the price is right and the risk minimal. My camera purchases over the last few years...

2005 - Sony DSC-P200 P&S - Currys, with EGG cashback
2006 - Canon 30D - Cameras2u online
2007 - Canon 40D - Jessops online for store pickup, with Quidco cash back
2008 - Canon 50D - Digital Rev (UK online store) shipped from Hong Kong
2008 - Canon G10 - Jessops online (returned for refund), with Quidco cash back
2008 - Fuji F100fd - Fuji UK refurb store online
2008 - Canon 1D3 - Jessops online for store pickup, with Quidco cash back

Lenses have all been bought online and have come from URGalaxy and Digital Rev on eBay in Kong Kong, Onestop Digital in Hong Kong, Jessops and Warehouse Express.

It varies Stew. I've absolutely no loyalty to any particular company nowadays. The only criteria I have is that it's a reputable company that's been around for a while and it's based in the UK, and that's purely from a warranty point of view. Other than that it's solely down to price. Whoever actually physically has it in stock, and is the cheapest gets the order... end of story. It's a pity, and I didn't always have this attitude, but I'm afraid that's how it is now.

check out camera price buster and work down the list till you find it in stock at somewhere kosher, amazon keeps coming up cheapest for stuff recently.....

Another vote for Kerso.
I recently ordered a 1 series body from him.
Price wasn't the primary concern although he did give a very competitive quote.

The most important factor for me, with that amount of money involved, was trust and reputation...plus he's a very nice guy to deal with.

If you want to go down the second hand route, mbpphotographic and a more recent discovery for me is EOS Magazine Classifieds

On the latter, you can pick some real Exc++/Mint bargains up from private sellers.

Back