Where in Ambleside ?

Edit My Images
No
Hiya people!

Gonna be in the Lakes (with work) this weekend. Will have some spare time to get some shots in the Ambleside area. So far I am thinking of heading to Stock Ghyl Force Waterfall as well as Rydal / Grasmere / Windermere.

Could anyone suggest some good local vantage points for any of these ?

Thanks in advance.

Anth

Try Honister Pass there are three lakes offering great shots the top most has three small falls to shoot and if you go over heading towards Derwent you pass the Lodore Hotel which has Lodore falls behind it also there is Ullswater with Aira Force falls too ... reckon I posting this a touch late but next time you up PM me and will help out live up here so feel free to ask

Dont miss High Sweden Bridge, you will not be disappointed.

Drive up the street next to the Tourist Information. Park further up the hill on the housing estate to the right.

High Sweden Bridge

This is a short uphill stroll from Ambleside, less than 2 miles, to a lovely little packhorse type bridge over Scandale Beck. (The path beyond the bridge leads up to Scandale and eventually out on to Red Screes or Dove Crag but these are strenuous walks.) Take the same route out of town as the previous walk, but instead of turning right into Ellerigg Road, go straight on. The road becomes a track. Just keep going till you reach the bridge, which is a restful and picturesque picnic spot. You can come back the same way, but if you cross the bridge and cut up to the left along a wall you will soon find the track which goes up to High Pike and Fairfield (another long high walk). Turn left on this track to return to town via Low Sweden Bridge and Nook Lane.

Then theres Tarn Hows

Gummers How is a good view point. It is situated at the eastern side of the south end of lake windermere. Also there are good views from Bowness, especially early in the morning

Last edited:
Back