Where to buy 15x10 frames?

Name
Pip
Edit My Images
Yes
I've done a bit of a search around but can't seem to get anywhere, so anyone know where to get a couple of frames for 15"x10" print size from without paying the earth? My camera's natural format is a (3x) by (2x) size and yet this seems to be an unusual frame size unless you're going for 6x4 prints!

Of course, there is the possibility that I'm being a plank.

Might be worth looking into getting a larger frame size and then some mounts...of course you end up with a boarder then though!

no idea if they do that size but hobbycraft have a lot of frames

I was going to mention Hobbycraft, but they didn't have any the last time I looked for some....last time I ordered prints for Christmas before checking frame availability :bang:

Might be worth looking into getting a larger frame size and then some mounts...of course you end up with a boarder then though!

That's a good idea purpleclouds. I'd like to have mounts but then isn't the cost going up more as would be bigger frame plus mount? Also the mounts wouldn't be even around the print (does this actually matter in practice?), unless the frame was say a 17x12 with a 1" all round, but don't remember seeing that size either!

Someone on here must have solved this before, the TP community is all knowing and wise!

Hmmm..in that case, Hobbycraft do do framing kits where you can make your own...loads of styles available! Not too sure on cost mind you, and it's a fair bit of hassle if you're not good with your hands! Might be worth investigating though :)

I'm glad you asked the question. I've still got some 15x10 prints from Photobox in tubes because i couldn't find frames. It does seem an odd size, although i would have thought this would be pretty standard for a 2:3 ratio :thinking:

I was going to mention Hobbycraft, but they didn't have any the last time I looked for some....last time I ordered prints for Christmas before checking frame availability :bang:

Hmmm..in that case, Hobbycraft do do framing kits where you can make your own...loads of styles available! Not too sure on cost mind you, and it's a fair bit of hassle if you're not good with your hands! Might be worth investigating though :)

Blimey you lot are quick at typing, two replies by the time I pressed submit!
I don't really fancy home made as my guess is they'll look cack. eFrames or whatever it's called is coming out just shy of £20, was wondering if there's anywhere else that does 15"x10" as standard but maybe not. There again, maybe I've just found the seam that'll make me rich, rich beyond the dreams of avarice, mwah ha haaaa!

Blimey you lot are quick at typing, two replies by the time I pressed submit!
I don't really fancy home made as my guess is they'll look cack. eFrames or whatever it's called is coming out just shy of £20, was wondering if there's anywhere else that does 15"x10" as standard but maybe not. There again, maybe I've just found the seam that'll make me rich, rich beyond the dreams of avarice, mwah ha haaaa!

Fastest fingers in the West :p

£20 isn't too bad I guess, think I paid about that for 16x12s from Hobbycraft!

Well, if you're home made ones would look cack, I'd hate to see your mass produced ones ;):LOL:

Fastest fingers in the West :p
That's not what (insert name of significant other) says...!

£20 isn't too bad I guess, think I paid about that for 16x12s from Hobbycraft!

Well, if you're home made ones would look cack, I'd hate to see your mass produced ones ;):LOL:
I just know how impatient I am with stuff like that. Would rather be doing something else, like looking at lenses I can't afford on the FS section here.

Back