Where to find models?

Edit My Images
No
Some time ago i found a forum where models made posts they were available for things like photo shoots etc.. and photographers looking for models. But for the love of god i can't find this forum! So does any one know the best place to find models?

I've used both modelmayhem and purestorm to book in the past, a lot of studios also have their own book and if you arrange it through a studio then it really cuts the 'no show' risk

I've used both modelmayhem and purestorm to book in the past, a lot of studios also have their own book and if you arrange it through a studio then it really cuts the 'no show' risk

yeah, I've found i got a lot of no show or mail just not even answered, that to me is pretty rude considering you've taken the time to communicate. Just remember though that some of the "newer" models quickly start to think they're chargeable material.

M.

I still suggest using a local model agency if you want to be 100% sure you will have the model show up! If you phone and have a chat with them they will probably work out something to suit, even if it is a TFP basis to get a new model out there infront of a camera. If you want a model with some more experience then give them a call too, tell them what your budget is and see what they have to offer.

You serious? Just did a search for female models in Surrey, and got the grand total of 5, and considering one of them described herself as MILF, says it all! :)

Would suggest you learn how to use the search facility there:bang:

I've used model mayhem and purestorm with no problems so far. I've never had a model not show, though I've heard it happens alot. I think the key is to make them understand the photos they'll get from you will be so good, they'd be mad not to come! :LOL: Good luck!

TFP does that mean, they get copies of photos in return for a shoot? So could i like take my card to jessops print some copies off and they would accept it?

Tfpmodels I've found to be slow, hard to register, you have to pay for all of the features on the site, and they day forever to send you confirmation that your registration has been accepted. Other sites are better IMO.

TFP does that mean, they get copies of photos in return for a shoot? So could i like take my card to jessops print some copies off and they would accept it?

Most models don't need prints these days. If you're new to model work, I'd thoroughly recommend hiring a professional model who knows what theyre doing rather than mess about with newbies. But for TF shoots, I give 5 retouched, websize images... prints can be supplied for their book, but its only really agency models who have a printed book.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any ideas about finding models for a property promo shoot - I asked before and was told to check out purestorm and MM but i'm having huge difficulty in finding anyone.

Basically this is for a NT bunkhouse - i just need a group of three or four young (20s, 30s) people to act as "guests" to dress out shots of the facilities.. our current shots used our volunteers as models and are as wooden as a wardrobe , so i figured i'd get some models who are used to being in front of the camera - but finding anyone to do it is a nightmare... Both MM and Ps would appear to be great if you want to find someone with experience of getting their kit off , but a deadloss for the sort of thing i'm looking for

this is one of our current shots to demonstrate the sort of group shots (and why i need to replace the current ones)

small_Prattshayes%20New%20bunkbeds.JPG

Last edited:
and ,Net-model,com seems can help u

Last edited by a moderator:
Moose, are you paying?

I think i'm going to have to - I had hoped originally to find some TFP but its pretty hopeless - The only other option would be to work out a deal with an actual group to photograph them in return for a discount, but then we're back to people who arent natural in front of the camera

I think i'm going to have to - I had hoped originally to find some TFP but its pretty hopeless - The only other option would be to work out a deal with an actual group to photograph them in return for a discount, but then we're back to people who arent natural in front of the camera

yeah, I don't think these kinda photos will really benefit models, PM me with what you're hoping to pay and I'll see who can help you. :)

Back