Which bag??

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

Due to my expanding kit I'd like to get a bag that doesn't scream "MUG ME, I HAVE EXPENSIVE STUFF IN HERE!"

When i first got my D60 i just took the first bag i could find, but now that I'm heading out more and trying to get nice locations to shoot I'm getting very aware of people looking at me, and lets face it, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to know photography kit isn't cheap.

The last thing I want, is some chancer trying his luck and making off with my hard earned gear, so I guess I'm asking if you guys can recommend a good bag that doesn't look like an obvious camera bag.

Don't know too much about the makes and best names to go for. :shrug:

I'll be carrying my D60, 18-55 and 55-200 kit lenses along with my 35 and 50mm lenses. Normally have lens hoods too and other nic naks.

Any help at all is most appreciated (y)

Regards

Lee

I have a Lowe Pro and a Crumpler. Both are good, but Lowe Pros tend to shout CAMERA at you. Crumplers on the other hand tend to look just like any old bag, are well designed, beautifully made, have stupid names, aren't cheap, but are the business.

I find the Lowepro Mini-Trekker AW quite a good bag for all the bits & bobs, and doesn't look overly conspicous as a camera-type rucksack IMO... Don't let the word 'mini' in it's name fool you, it's quite the tardis lol! :)

Crumpler muffin top is a good choice, small but enough to fit all your gear in and doesnt scream camera bag, i used to keep my d60 and kit lens with ample room for another 2 smallish lenses as well as some uni stuff

Lowepro Mini Trekker AW here too. Fits everything in plus enough for extras like lunch.

For bigger walks I've got a huge lowepro AW one, forget it's name but i rarely use it as the above bag is much more sensible.

Another vote for Crumpler.
I have the Messenger Boy Photo Full (backpack) and I cannot recommend it enough.
It's only issue is access, it's not what anyone can describe as quick ;)

I just visited the Crumpler site, not what I was expecting :D

I was looking at the Kata range, more specifically the 467. It doesn't seem to scream 'CAMERA BAG' to me and has room for pretty much everything.

I have a crumpler messenger boy, it looks just like a man bag, big enough inside for D90 with 18-105, 10-20 and 70-300 plus filters and other gubbins. was well impressed by it. It only looks like a camera bag to other toggers who know the brand

I have the crumpler pyjama pride. It's much bigger than you'd require so i'm not recommending this for you but the quality of it is excellent. I bought it for £69 when it was listed on warehouse express for around £120 so shop around. Crumpler gets my vote.

I have the Kata 465 and don't think it shouts camera, very nice bag and presumably the 467 is similar

Even has a concealed pocket on the front which is great for valuables if the natives are a bit light fingered

Another vote for Crumpler. They are the only name that doesn't look like a camera bag - they look like laptop bags, so that's okay then :D Lots of non camera like colours, too.

Muffin Top 7500 will swallow your outfit. There is a long illustrated thread about it on here from a month or so ago if you run a search. I'll try and find it.

Edit: here you go. Several other threads too http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=106182&highlight=muffin+top+7500

I have a crumpler messenger boy, it looks just like a man bag, big enough inside for D90 with 18-105, 10-20 and 70-300 plus filters and other gubbins. was well impressed by it. It only looks like a camera bag to other toggers who know the brand

Which model do you have ? I am still thinking about the 5500, but was wondering if it was big enough for D90, 18-105, 50mm and one other lens plus bits and pieces.

was looking at the crumpler daily, its an absolute ******* to find in the uk, every site i went to is sold out, gonna be lots of people wandering about with big bright bags soon :LOL:

Crumpler New Delhi 620????

Anyone seen them? I'm not looking for a bag that'll sit chunky on my hip, looking for a more 'flat' fit if you know what i mean.

Seems to have loads of room for other things other than my camera and kit

Which size do you have?

I like the look of these but am wondering what size I need.

Another vote for Crumpler. I've got the Daily XXL great bag holds all my gear comfy to wear and looks like a normal messenger bag rather than expensive camera bag please mug me!

Another vote for Crumpler. I've got the Daily XXL great bag holds all my gear comfy to wear and looks like a normal messenger bag rather than expensive camera bag please mug me!

Can I ask how big this is when wearing it? Seen a picture of a tp member who was selling one, he had it on and it looked massive.

Also, where did you get it?

Settled on the Crumpler New Delhi 510, ordered it from Bristol Cameras.

Blagged this from a website just to show how it looks, cracking bag btw, i've got the same colour coming.
crumpler_new_delhi_510_red_silver.jpg

was looking at the crumpler daily, its an absolute ******* to find in the uk, every site i went to is sold out, gonna be lots of people wandering about with big bright bags soon :LOL:

I have one of those!

It's excellent, and it's been all around Europe and Japan in the last 12 months as well as back and forth to studio shoots, and a couple of times used as an overnight bag.

Still looks immaculate.

What's with all this crumpler stuff? where has all the class gone? :)

Try Billingham or Domke. Neither are cheap but they'll literally last you for decades.

cheers

Try Billingham or Domke. Neither are cheap

cheers

Just answered your own question. :LOL:

I did have a look at those bags but I'm just a newbie and can't really justify purchasing one. I find the crumpler more multi purpose, can use it for things other than photography… plus they're cool! :D (y)

Ah well... I guess I'm just a boring old fart :LOL:
Not that I mind.

cheers

I have both a Domke F2 (15 years old) and as tatty as it looks it fits your body and dosen't scream camera:)D) when out and about and a Kata Sensitivity V for day to day carrying with my work laptop.

Both decent for their roles - sometimes more than one bag is called for :clap:

Should have my new crumpler any day now :)
at least I hope so, just sold my lowepro.

Back