Which 'close up' lens?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Unfortunately due to cash flow probs, buying my new dedicated macro lens has been put on hold for a while but i'm after a lens for 'close-up' photography (1:2 etc). I've been looking at the minolta 50mm 1.7 (1:1) but with it only being a 50mm lens, isnt going to give much working distance. I've also came across the sigma 70-300mm macro (1:2) but i've had no experience with this lens. I'm just after info on anyother 'sony fit' lens, that could be used for 'close-up/macro work'.

why dont you save the cash and then when more cash comes your way you will be already part funded for the lens you actually want?

why dont you save the cash and then when more cash comes your way you will be already part funded for the lens you actually want?

Yeah, may well be an option. Just wondered if there was anyother lens that came close to a dedicated macro. I've probably got enough to buy a used macro, but i havent came across a secondhand sony fit macro yet (on ebay OR in the for sale section on here) and until i hit 100 posts i cant put anything in the wanted section :(

I thought about the raynox, had one with my last camera. How close would i have to get to the subject if i used something like the minolta 50mm 1.7 OR the sigma 50mm 2.8 DG??

Back