Which DSLR & Lens?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I was wondering if any of you could offer some advice.

I am looking for my 1st Digi SLR, with a fairly tight budget of £600. I am looking to primarily take product shots indoors using a tripod and external flash, but will occasionally use it to take pics outside, so I guess nothing fancy is required.

But, what do I go for, where do I start? I'm happy to go secondhand if it means getting better kit.

Thanks in adance, Chris

Hi welcome:)

Your best bet is to go to the shops and hold a variery of bodies and see which you feel most comfortable with.

What sort of product shots will you be taking? If small items you may wish to consider a macro lens.

Don't forget to consider the Panasoinc GF1 not a true dSLR but probably do most people well.

But you'd need to try them out they do feel different, i'd say handle a couple of times and if they alarmed or corded ask for that to be taken off you don't get true feel with it tied down.

I know when i tired the d90 at 1st thought thats big but after trying in another shop freely i thought it felt good

thanks guys, good advice there. I do have big hands. Most of the product shots will be close ups of camera equipment for selling online. I quite like the idea of a DSLR because of the ability to put a different lens if I wanted to shoot wildlife, which we have an abundance close to here.

Someone recommended the Canon Powershot G10 or G11, are these worth considering?

One thing I'd like to do is to hook the camera up to a laptop and remote trigger from it, ie set the shot up using the laptop screen. Is this feature enabled in all modern DSLR's?

Thanks again, your replies are most helpful

If you got big hands and also wanting to shoot macro then i'd skip the panasonic or the canons as they are quite compact so to say.

If you want an external flash etc within 600 you'd be quite limited with new kit but with 2nd hand maybe you could get a body, lens and external flash

Back