Which Fuji camera

Edit My Images
No
Xmas is approaching and is a very good excuse to put my purchasing plan to my wife about which camera to buy,

Currently I'm shooting with Full Nikon bodies and FX lens and I'm not selling these equipment for a Fuji. Instead I want to sell all my M43 gear for a Fuji system. Got a quote from MPB for my Panasonic GF3, Panasonic 14-42 lens and Panasonic 14mm f2.5 lens for £160.

The quote sounded reasonable giving the age of the camera etc.

I've always got my eye on the Fuji x100 because it got and does everything I want as a travel and casual camera. The question is giving the age of the X100 now, is it still worth it to buy one? They going for around £300 used. I could sell my M43 stuff and add a little extra for a X100 or add even more extra for the X pro 1 and the 27mm f2.8 lens.

X-T10 and 27mm 2.8 would give you flexibility to expand in future. The X-T10 is excellent, basically has all the guts of the X-T1 at a much cheaper price so is significantly quicker than the X100 / X-Pro1.

At the moment there is an extra £80 trade-in bonus if you put it towards an X-T10 (your Panasonic GF3 is eligible) + £80 cashback, so you're down to £290 for the X-T10 before they've even valued your kit (Jessops seem to be best for trade-ins at the moment). There is also then £40 cashback on the 27mm. Do that and sell the 14mm 2.5 separately (even on eBay after fees you should clear £100 easily for that) and you should be way, way better off than the £160 offered by MPB.

https://www.fujifilm.eu/uk/products/digital-cameras/promotions

Last edited:
Xmas is approaching and is a very good excuse to put my purchasing plan to my wife about which camera to buy,

Currently I'm shooting with Full Nikon bodies and FX lens and I'm not selling these equipment for a Fuji. Instead I want to sell all my M43 gear for a Fuji system. Got a quote from MPB for my Panasonic GF3, Panasonic 14-42 lens and Panasonic 14mm f2.5 lens for £160.

The quote sounded reasonable giving the age of the camera etc.

I've always got my eye on the Fuji x100 because it got and does everything I want as a travel and casual camera. The question is giving the age of the X100 now, is it still worth it to buy one? They going for around £300 used. I could sell my M43 stuff and add a little extra for a X100 or add even more extra for the X pro 1 and the 27mm f2.8 lens.
Don't forget that there's both the X100s and x100t as well. Same lens, but a newer sensor compared to the x100. All three are excellent cameras still.

I've sold off loads of gear through the years, 5 dslr, a tonne of lenses, bags, tripods, speedlights etc ... the ONLY thing I ever regret selling is the X100s. I don't even know why I did :/ I think I spotted another juicy lens I 'had to have'. Now I'm done with Nikon, for now at least, and back to Fuji and have the XT-1 and a couple of lenses, I can see me buying one of the cheaper bodies to stick the 27mm on at some point too. The XT10 is certainly tempting, but I see great deals on the likes of the Xpro1 - I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the X series

Reason why I did not look at the x100s or x100T is because of the price. I don't want to splash huge amount on this, that's why I'm limit myself to x100 and Fuji x pro 1.

X100 was always one of the camera on my wishlist.

Another X series body and the 27mm does not an X100 make. I have an X100 and a load of other Fuji stuff, I bought the 27mm thinking I could sell the X100, but I ended up keeping the X100 and selling on the 27mm. The X100 is just a lovely tactile camera to use, and there is something quite special about the Bayer 12Mp sensor, the images are just lovely, but it's not the fastest thing in the world, and feels very very slow to my current X-T2, but I'm still keeping the X100.

If you do buy one, buy one after the sticky blade issue was fixed, I think it was serial number 21..... onwards, but I'm sure you'll find this answer with Google (21 = 2012 Q1, 22 2012 Q2 build etc)

Another X series body and the 27mm does not an X100 make. I have an X100 and a load of other Fuji stuff, I bought the 27mm thinking I could sell the X100, but I ended up keeping the X100 and selling on the 27mm. The X100 is just a lovely tactile camera to use, and there is something quite special about the Bayer 12Mp sensor, the images are just lovely, but it's not the fastest thing in the world, and feels very very slow to my current X-T2, but I'm still keeping the X100.

If you do buy one, buy one after the sticky blade issue was fixed, I think it was serial number 21..... onwards, but I'm sure you'll find this answer with Google (21 = 2012 Q1, 22 2012 Q2 build etc)

This

I'm leaning towards X100 as well because I don't want another system with body and lens separate. Reason for the X100 is because it is compact, good focal length and easy to take around the world ....... can't take my big camera bag with me when taking my 1year old daughter around ......... I will have to carry her stuff in my bag ......

Check out my experience of owning the Fuji here in my review. Will I fully switch to Fuji, time will tell.

Canon vs Fuji XT-2 Review
Lee, your dog portraits and the image of Finley are really stunning, Finley's portrait simply looks so real.......wOOOw....... awesome!! Where these shot wide open with the new XF35/2 glass ?
Brilliant photography.

Regards;
Peter

Back