Which remote control for my 450D?

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Can someone tell me which remote i should purchase for my 450D? Any make will do as long as it works well.

What do you need it to do?
If you want a remote shutter release for when you are behind the camera, then you need a wired or wireless.
If it is so that you you can be in the picture, then infra-red will do, and there are lots of very cheap ones on ebay.
I use an infra-red one for my landscape photos. It has a 2 second timer, which is enough to get my hand out of the way (and much better than the 10 seconds). It is labelled as RC-4

I basically want it to use when the camera is mounted on a tripod to reduce any camera shake from pressing the button. Also for me to be in some photo's would be nice too so it would be useful if i could fire it without the cord. I will check out rc-4. Thanks

I think the generic ones on ebay work with most of them. The one I got (mine is a 400d btw., the version before yours), there are 6 buttons, only 4 do things, but it is a generic controller (£3) and supports the non-DSLR cameras too.
If you have the manual which came with your camera, there should be a picture showing all of the accessories and their codes

I bought this one last week. You can probably get it more cheaply if you go to ebay but this came from the UK very quickly. It's compact and works a treat.

Don't know about all the other suggestions, but have a look at the Hahnel HW433 C80 PRO, mine works really well, from front, back and side, I think up to about 80ft, (if you want your camera 80ft. away from you) they say it works through brick walls but never tried that, but they do work through a patio window

Back