Boring
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip £144.99

or.

Canon EF 70-200mm F4.0 USM £449.99

What do you think i should get first? hmmmmm :)

Tony

scraggs :LOL: I would prefer to use Jessops because i know a bloke that works in there and he can get things fixed for me if they break easier than me having to send it away or something.

Actully, would a lens and a decent tripod be a better idea?

I'd get the lens of Kerso for less than that and only get the grip if you decide you need it once you have the lens.

scraggs :LOL: I would prefer to use Jessops because i know a bloke that works in there and he can get things fixed for me if they break easier than me having to send it away or something.

Actully, would a lens and a decent tripod be a better idea?

That means your paying 50% more for a service that you might not use?!

I'd get the lens of Kerso for less than that and only get the grip if you decide you need it once you have the lens.

:agree: :agree: :agree: :LOL:

I would not buy from Jessops, your bloke would only send your Canon stuff to an approved Canon repair centre and you can do that yourself and cut out the middle man. I sent my 30D to fixation after I dropped it turn round time was about a week, Jessops won't do it any faster. (there was nowt wrong with the 30D after they checked it)

lens first always. you can try the grip instore with your lens and see if it improves the balance.

I'm getting the lens from Jessops, may get the grip from somewhere else

The lens. A grip wont improve your photos.

Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip £144.99

or.

Canon EF 70-200mm F4.0 USM £449.99

What do you think i should get first? hmmmmm :)

Tony

Just a thought - I know it's already been mentioned above..but if you get it from Ian (Kerso), for the £450, you'll more than likely get both the lens and the grip and have some money left over, so problem solved. You'll save even more if you email him directly at 2kerso@gmail.com and mention you're a TP member and ask for a non-Ebay price..

Just my 2p worth..

im getting my 70-200f4 L from kerso in a couple of weeks, £339 i think he quoted me, cant argue at that, dont spend £100 extra and get nothing extra for it.

wow...thats quite a saving!
does kerso do Canon stuff only?

wow...thats quite a saving!
does kerso do Canon stuff only?

He does more Canon stuff than Nikon, Olympus and Sony etc.

Also stocks things like Expodiscs, Gitzo products, and Wimberely amongst other things...

I've received nothing but a very very good service from him and he comes highly recommended by many on here...

Jesus, £339 is an excellent price. Hoping to get the 70-200 4L early next year, with prices like that i'm gunna have to see what's what when the time comes.

Bought my 70-200 from kerso for £339 with 1 year international canon warranty. He doesn't have that grip on the price list I have though, so you'd have to mail him and ask.

Lens, only get a grip if you've tried one first.

I bought a phottix grip for my 30D (£36 inc delivery) and after using it I'm glad I didn't shell out for a Canon unit. It adds 430g to the weight & is only any use if I'm doing portrait shots.

Lens first, and then the grip.

You can't take a picture of your new lens when it turns up with the grip can you?

;)

Lens first!

I find the grip helpful on my 400d, it just seems more balanced and fits my ...err... grip better but each to their own. There seems to be a few grips in the for sale section just lately as well, so save a few pennies there.

I've desided :)

This is what i am going to get tomorrow

Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip For 350D / 400D £144.99

Hoya HMC UV filter 62mm £26.99

Jessops Rocket Blower £7.99

Future upgrades

Jessop Lithium Battery Canon Fit £34.99

Canon EF 70-200mm F4.0 L USM Lens £449.99

Some sort of big bag to carry it all in :LOL:

I've desided :)

This is what i am going to get tomorrow

Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip For 350D / 400D £144.99

Hoya HMC UV filter 62mm £26.99

Jessops Rocket Blower £7.99

Future upgrades

Jessop Lithium Battery Canon Fit £34.99

Canon EF 70-200mm F4.0 L USM Lens £449.99

Some sort of big bag to carry it all in :LOL:

Sorry but I've got to ask for your reasons for going that root, every single response in this thread says get the lens yet you are opting for the battery grip? Do you really think it will imporve your photography that much and just to add that its a terrible price for the battery grip, the genuine canon grip can be had for half that from a UK ebay seller http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Canon...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14!

So not only are you paying loads more than you need to, you are getting the grip when everyone in this thread has advised you to get glass first, it's your money and your welcome to spend it where you like, jessops love people like you, but why bother asking for advise if you are just going to ignore it.
Edit: beaten to it

You also seem to be quite flush with cash - Jessops arent the cheapest option by any stretch of the imagination and looking at those prices, you can save about 50% by looking around. Batteries for a start should only cost about £7/8 delivered

Sorry but I've got to ask for your reasons for going that root, every single response in this thread says get the lens yet you are opting for the battery grip? Do you really think it will imporve your photography that much and just to add that its a terrible price for the battery grip, the genuine canon grip can be had for half that from a UK ebay seller http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-Canon...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14!

Okay, i didn't exsplain my reasons why. I am sorry

I sometimes (more than often) spend the whole day and in to the night out with the camera, and i have not once yet been able to charge my battery up anyway while being out always have to come back home. I need the extra battery. Sorry if it seems as though i am disaggreaing with what you guys have suggested just i didn't exsplain myself properly.....yep same old me :D

Tony

Okay, i didn't exsplain my reasons why. I am sorry

I sometimes (more than often) spend the whole day and in to the night out with the camera, and i have not once yet been able to charge my battery up anyway while being out always have to come back home. I need the extra battery. Sorry if it seems as though i am disaggreaing with what you guys have suggested just i didn't exsplain myself properly.....yep same old me :D

Tony

buy a battery, charge it, put it in your pocket .

Sorted :D

I have Kerso`s price list here and see he is doing the BG E5 for the 450d for £95, i think thats delivered.

Not to mention the massive saving! Hell get 2 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2x-Batteries-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 and save yourself £135 that could get you a fair old way to that Kerso price 70-200 f4!

Much better off saving for the lens than giving into this crazy urge to splash the cash at Jessops tomorrow!

Yeah i know i am going to save for the lens now, might get something a bit bigger when i finally come round to getting it :)

Get a Grip man. Buy the lens

please.....don't temp me :LOL:

Or get a Phottix grip for £41 including 2 batteries

40D with the 17-85 and a nifty fifty. Still enoying it even though it's about to be outdated :|
I want to get 2 more lenses, but not sure what to get first the Sigma 10-20 or the Canon 70-200 F4, can't afford the IS version though :(

The next camera i will be going up to will be the 1D MkIII when i need faster speeds (y)

Do like the 40D though

Back