Whistling Sands on the Llyn

Edit My Images
No
The night before my Cadair Idris shoot I called in at Whistling Sands on the Llyn peninsula hoping for a sunset. The cloud was pretty heavy but I did manage a couple of fleeting breaks, messed around with a few long exposures the rest of the time, going for a minimalist effect.. converted one to B&W too

All lovely, but #3 for me.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, some locations just seem suited to certain types of shot and Whistling sands is perfect for long exposures, not something I shoot that often so nice to get some good images

Simon

I think No 1 and 3 both really depict rapid water movement very well. 1. then graduates back to a softer and more subtle, tidal out flow but has a great foaming foreground punch, and a beatiful silky sunset sky, and lovely colour in the water.
No 2 is different (im not always a lover of B&W) but the interesting thing is it shows water that looks like its moving in 2 directions diagonally and straight toward you, interesting.
No 3 Lovely colour in the sky and in the sea and ilove that white wave in the middle about to break, seems to be defining the line between the shore and the deep blue / green sea.... Nice.

I think it goes 1, and a close 3 then 2 for me on this one Simon
Great Movement, Great light

I think No 1 and 3 both really depict rapid water movement very well. 1. then graduates back to a softer and more subtle, tidal out flow but has a great foaming foreground punch, and a beatiful silky sunset sky, and lovely colour in the water.
No 2 is different (im not always a lover of B&W) but the interesting thing is it shows water that looks like its moving in 2 directions diagonally and straight toward you, interesting.
No 3 Lovely colour in the sky and in the sea and ilove that white wave in the middle about to break, seems to be defining the line between the shore and the deep blue / green sea.... Nice.

I think it goes 1, and a close 3 then 2 for me on this one Simon
Great Movement, Great light

Thanks again Steve, great feedback as usual... there's a shelf just a few feet from the edge which was making the currents move around all over the place, as you say quite unusual

Simon

Fine set

Number 3 for me by a long way.

Nothing distracting in the foreground, no headland - just all about the movement, subtle colours and clean composition.

Definitely a case of 'less is more'.

Last edited:
Back