White dog poo

joescrivens

Suspended / Banned
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
You just don't see white dog poo anymore. When I was a kid we used to see white dog poo all the time. Why no more?

Not many toy-poodles about any more.

What made you bring up this subject btw.

It may have been what the dogs ate at the time, probably very poor quality dog biscuits and meat. But more likely the biscuits. I take it you must have been a kid in the mid 70s then.

Dogs don't eat as much bone as they used to, including bone meal. Also, tighter regulation on dogs crapping on pavements means that turds don't hang around for years in public places like they used to, giving them less opportunity to dry out and turn white.

It may have been what the dogs ate at the time, probably very poor quality dog biscuits and meat. But more likely the biscuits. I take it you must have been a kid in the mid 70s then.

Biscuits. Interesting. Actually born 79 so I'm talking about 80s and early 90s

Dogs don't eat as much bone as they used to, including bone meal. Also, tighter regulation on dogs crapping on pavements means that turds don't hang around for years in public places like they used to, giving them less opportunity to dry out and turn white.

Good rationale

Dried poo doesn't turn white does it?

There was a guy who owned a couple of small poodles where I lived in the late 60's/early 70's and they always **** white poo.

it's the reduction of ash in canned dog food (and the increase in dried food uptake).
But essentially it's the reduction in the ash in the dog food.

joescrivens said:
Biscuits. Interesting. Actually born 79 so I'm talking about 80s and early 90s

Good rationale

Pity you were not about in the mid 70s then, there was loads of white poop for you to feast your eyes on lol. Must admit I have not seen any since the 70s, but there again not been keeping an eye out for it.

Just thinking on it may have been biscuits or biscuit meal mix that was used as dog feed at the time. As I remember if you trod on it, it would crumble underfoot and would not stick you your shoe. So if you were going to walk in dog poo, then the best kind was the white stuff. What a subject to be talking about lol

Just thinking on it may have been biscuits or biscuit meal mix that was used as dog feed at the time. As I remember if you trod on it, it would crumble underfoot and would not stick you your shoe. So if you were going to walk in dog poo, then the best kind was the white stuff. What a subject to be talking about lol

Yeah, always very crumbly.

Dogs don't eat as much bone as they used to, including bone meal. .

This man knows his dog poo!:bonk::bonk:

Time was when dogs ate what they could and got scraps from the table plus a big bone from the butcher. Not so many butchers with bones to get rid of and too many dogs and cats eating tinned substance. Next time you're in a supermarket, pick up a tin of dog or cat food and see what the water content is. You'll not call it "food " afterwards. Soup possibly.

Time was when dogs ate what they could and got scraps from the table plus a big bone from the butcher. Not so many butchers with bones to get rid of and too many dogs and cats eating tinned substance. Next time you're in a supermarket, pick up a tin of dog or cat food and see what the water content is. You'll not call it "food " afterwards. Soup possibly.

I should do, after 25 years as a Postie, I have scraped more than my fair share off my shoes.

in general, there aint as much dog poo in the streets these days ... it's usually hangin from a branch in a plastic bag

This thread is a load of crap lol

i'd pass comment on why, but Marcel would remove it :D

in general, there aint as much dog poo in the streets these days ... it's usually hangin from a branch in a plastic bag

along with rass clarts (sp?)

It's not just white dog poo, as a kid I remember seeing loads of "furry turds" on the lawn. My pooch uses the back garden as a loo and I regularly clean up after her and I never see furry ones anymore.

Do they put fungicides in dog food nowadays?

(I can't believe I'm worried about furry dog poo...)

I should do, after 25 years as a Postie, I have scraped more than my fair share off my shoes.

Although, to be fair I think I may have stumbled on some plagerism here wontolla!!!!!! Come on own up, you copied and pasted that from here:

http://www.yesbutnobutyes.com/archives/2007/01/fortean_friday_2.html

the last time i saw white dog poo was when Leeds United came to Old Trafford (y)

As others have said, its down to the bone meal content of dog food.

A few months ago my two had eaten two large bones and lo and behold on my patio was a collection of proper 70's retro dog turds.

Ahhhhh takes me back.

Pmsl at this thread lol

The simple answer is that we don't get the long dry summers anymore, it's not about what the dogs eat and don't eat etc etc, you curl a turd out and sunbake it, it will go white !!!

Trust me, I've seen, handled and dealt with enough of it to last me a lifetime

Pmsl at this thread lol

The simple answer is that we don't get the long dry summers anymore, it's not about what the dogs eat and don't eat etc etc, you curl a turd out and sunbake it, it will go white !!!

Trust me, I've seen, handled and dealt with enough of it to last me a lifetime

No need to publish your fetish on here!! :D

No, really, without the bone content it won't go white - or at least not for a very long time.

The sort of turd we are talking about here will go totally white in only a few hours.

(I've had this discussion many times, I'm 5h1t hot at it)

Ours are fed on raw food and Like Christine, they do white poo. I'll post a photo next time I clear up in the garden. Most of my shots are crap anyway! :D

<------------------ this thread was useless without avatar pics of white dog poo so I update mine accordingly

Last edited:
No chance of a white poop up North, it would never stand a chance of drying out. I've seen a few that look like this after a couple of wet days :jaffa: :D

a collection of proper 70's retro dog turds.

Ahhhhh takes me back.

hippy.gif

[

You can always fix this in post if they're not up to standard in your photos - desaturate it and a levels/curve adjustment.

I do still see them occasionally in the woods that i walk in. i wonder if it is due to a diet of drier food rather than meat in that all the ones i remember seeing were powdery rather than, well, turdy.

Back