Wild White-Tailed Eagle

Smashing shot, well exposed and with great detail - did he catch anything?

The feather detail in this is stunning, very impressive Tony (y)..............I would be interested in the specs please, equipment and exif?, cheers

Last edited:
Gorgeous, lovely image :)

Excellent detail and you've made that light work really well, top shot!

Smashing shot, well exposed and with great detail - did he catch anything?
Thanks for the like and comment Gramps. This was at the end of the day and he had caught earlier. The light was setting just over the hill and I guess he was heading off to roost.

The feather detail in this is stunning, very impressive Tony (y)..............I would be interested in the specs please, equipment and exif?, cheers
Thanks for the comment Phil - Gear was Sony A1 with Sony 600mm F/4. Settings ISO 640 F/7.1 1/1600th, I pair of freezing hands, mild sea sickness from a rocking boat but 1 huge smile :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment Phil - Gear was Sony A1 with Sony 600mm F/4. Settings ISO 640 F/7.1 1/1600th, I pair of freezing hands, mild sea sickness from a rocking boat but 1 huge smile :)

Thanks Tony, I did wonder if it was taken with a high-end mirrorless body.

I keep trying to convince myself I don't need/want to make the switch but seeing top quality images like this isn't helping :banghead::LOL:

I can sympathise with the sea sickness too, I suffer quite bad and missed out on a few good photo opportunities over the years :rolleyes: , cheers

Thanks Tony, I did wonder if it was taken with a high-end mirrorless body.

I keep trying to convince myself I don't need/want to make the switch but seeing top quality images like this isn't helping :banghead::LOL:

I can sympathise with the sea sickness too, I suffer quite bad and missed out on a few good photo opportunities over the years :rolleyes: , cheers

I jumped a couple of years ago Phil, figuring on getting in early before used gear prices depreciated. You are not alone in debating the pros and cons of jumping. I think a lot of Canon guys are waiting for the R1 specs. Nikon users I know are looking at the Z9. The only issues I see about using older glass with the mirrorless systems is motor speedds to match the autofocus speeds. However that would not be a deal breaker for most. Sony is not perfect in all aspects. A lot of people want weather sealed rather than weather resistant and the modular system is not to everyones liking. For me however.....its a fabulous piece of kit. I was able to take 2 bodies, 3 lenses in hand luggage and stay within weight limits on a recent flight.

Very nice image, good shooting.

Back