Who goes there?

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi one and all

I have been lingering about in the shows for a little while now and have found the questions posed and the answerers given to be most informative.

I am as old as a young conker tree and for more years than I wish to remember I have been earning my daily crust as a cabinetmaker. I work for my self from a workshop on the door step of our second city. Most of my work comes via my website that I developed myself including the photos.

During the mid eighties I undertook wedding photography, and for a couple of years and on average I attended one wedding a week. The camera I used was a Hasselblad 500, and at that time I also had a Canon A1 35mm. I had my films proceed by Dunns Photographic services But with paying for my processing my cost were soaring and could not make enough pennies to make it a worth while occupation. So decided to make a clean brake and sold all my equipment and to my surprise I got more for the Hasselblad than I paid for it.

For the past couple of years I have been receiving for birthdays and Christmases a Jessops gift voucher from members of my family and last August when my grandchildren where born I purchased a canon 450d. And now my interest as been reignited so to speck, but not in wedding photography but just general interest and family photos.

Any up as they say enough of this rabbiting I have a couple of questions that you guys may be able to help me out with.

1/ I am thinking of purchasing a portable reflector but I have noticed that they come in a multitude of colours, i.e. gold, silver, white and sun flower. So I was wondering what you guys would recommend.

2/ I think that Santa may be giving me Jessops gift vouchers and if my suspicions are correct I am thinking of purchasing a Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS. Again I was wondering what you guys think of my choice of lens.

Welcome to TP Grandad Alan :wave:

Welcome :wave:

Back