Who has an RC car?

Name
Dale
Edit My Images
Yes
I've been wanting one for years and bit the bullet today and picked up a HPI racing Firestorm with an electric brushless motor.

Just need to work out how to tell the missus... lol

Thread is useless without pics.. :)

I used to have a couple of basic tamyia (sp?) many moons ago, would love a new one. Can't really justify the cost but I have an upcoming birthday I guess :D

lol

I haven't unpacked it yet, will take some photos tomorrow :)

I have Tmaxx loved the thing when I used it couple of years ago, its now on a shelf in the garage ready to be resurected.

spike

Used to be right into it until I realised they were complete money pits. Had nitro ones then went brushless, brushless is the way to go until they set on fire...

Head over to MSUK forum if you need any advice, top bunch of guys over there and a great photography thread :L

I have three, all brushed motors

Schumacher Mission 4WD

Tamiya DF-02 4WD

Subaru WRC 2WD

:)

edit: forgot to mention, they are all 1/10 scale

Last edited:
I have two tamiya gravel hounds 4x4 1/10 scale DF-02 4WD

Last edited:
Adam is the person you need to speak to on here............

I've had a few in the past - a couple of Schumackers and Tamiyas. They were fantastic. Wish I'd not sold them TBH but the sales funded my youthful introduction to public houses and alcohol.

yeah i dabble in offroad RC :naughty: - http://jq-products.com/the-home/35-news/302-lifetime-for-showtime

my main class is 1/8 scale nitro but i also race 1/10 electric buggys a few times a year.
not sure on a decent forum for 8th nitro as people just seem to get out there & race them but for tenth electric the best forum by far is oople - http://www.oople.com/forums/

Jimmy the guy who runs it is also a really good photographer & his race pics are great. its pretty hard shooting things that small moving that fast!
he had a bit of bad luck the other day as his D3 had gotten wet & stopped working! just had a text from his Mrs & she said he's been quoted over a grand for repair :crying:

whereabouts are you? i can maybe recommend a local club/track to you :)

edit. just seen you're in Sandhurst. the closest track to you is Surrey&Hants who race at Oak Farm school (or what used to be called Oak Farm) in Farnborough :)

Last edited:
Er in doors has a Tamiya M-05 Mini Cooper.

I've dabbled in RC's for the last 15 years. In that time I have had

Tamiya Super Hornet - (very first leccy RC from my childhood)
Kyosho GP-10 spyder - (old nitro chassis with retro fit 2 speed)
HPI RS4 Nitro - (Nitro chassis with 2 speed, 2cc outlaw engine and tuned pipe)
Hobao Pirate 10 - (bought as a rolling chassis for a 4 stroke conversion)
Tamiya M-03 - (FWD rc had to be done for fun factor)
Schumacher Rascal - (1/18th scale 2 speed RWD truck, small and fast)
Subaru Brat - (beetle/mudblaster chassis with detailed Subaru pickup body)
Tamiya CC-01 (Pajero body) - (locked diffs, suspension raised, 55T motor, drag brakes etc for trailing/rock crawling)
Associated RC18 T x 2 (1 brushed/1 brushless) - (latter one was small and very quick!)
Tamiya TT-01 (BMW 3 series body) - (4WD on road chassis with all the coloured alloy I could throw at it)
Losi XXX - (bought again as a roller bet never took it any further)

I enjoy the hobby but its bloody expensive and with photography being the same its one or the other but not both!

Last edited by a moderator:
had one of these a couple of years ago

9bd9176e.jpg

c4a9ee64.jpg

the reality is they need money spending on them every time you take em out
if your lucky it's be just glow plugs n fuel if not it's spare parts
you need lots of space or it's gonna crash

DSC_0109_NEF.jpg

DSC_0108_NEF.jpg

This was my old Hyper ST, had and SH .28 6 port in there that I'd opened the ports out on... went like the clappers! I converted that to brushless in the end. Then had a brushless Losi 8 2.0, a Rustler (which was crap) and then the best, a MERV - stupidly fast, and small enough to be able to chuck into a rucksack with 4 LiPos and have a good afternoon with it!

You'll have to excuse that poor photo, it wasn't taken by me haha

Last edited:
On phone at mo but if anyone would be kind enough to head over to YouTube and search for snoop69paul you can find my rc vids and link them here :)

I have 3 Tamiya BTCC Mondeos plus two new unpainted body shells and a Kyosho BTCC Mondeo. One of the Tamiyas is unbuilt. When I get around to it I plan to make up the 3 Tamiyas in the liveries of the 3 drivers and keep them as shelf queens. I also have a pile of Mondeo body shells that I bought off ebay, these to be painted and liveried as BTCC Mondeos from 95 and 96 seasons. Not sure when I'll get around to it as I've had them over ten years already. They've not seen the light of day in ten years anyway.

Got bought a Tamiya Richard Burns Edition Impreza many years ago, a build it your self jobby. Seemed pretty quick at the time but nothing by todays standards, still have it infact. Had many on and off, a HPI Savage was good cheap nitro truck.

This was by far the best though, my 1.8th Hobao Hyper Pro 7.. an old vid of it here:

http://youtu.be/DIwxPIO6U4A

I take it these are serious toys? All I know is that everytime I go to Toys R Us, I keep thinking that I can't wait until my son reaches 3 as all the good toys seem to start at that age!

I take it these are serious toys? All I know is that everytime I go to Toys R Us, I keep thinking that I can't wait until my son reaches 3 as all the good toys seem to start at that age!

Yes, talking about £250/300 for a sorted one, if not more. Take a lot of time to keep in a useable condition, not to mention cash!

Top end competitive stuff is very serious.

We all had BRCA insurance for our vehicles in case of accidents.

Choose wisely for a 3yr old as things can be very dangerous if they get
out of control (y)

Ah, I was thinking of something like this but I don't think we are on the same page.

Top end competitive stuff is very serious.

We all had BRCA insurance for our vehicles in case of accidents.

Choose wisely for a 3yr old as things can be very dangerous if they get
out of control (y)

Not as bad as RC helicopters or planes, those things can kill if they go out of control

Last edited:
got a nitro car sat in the shed,can't get it to start i think this could be my next project

Back