Who Sank (and Nicked) My Barge? New Image added.

Rh

I think the last one is the best of the group I really like the reflections..

Nigel

Hi Russell I think your reflection on the canal looks great. when you said to me yesterday what you wanted to do I didn't quite understand what you meant. know looking at your pic I do and the reflection and colours are spot on fantastic shot.(y)

The first one is good Russell although it made my eyes hurt a little working it out. The cropped version is better (y)

Thanks, it wasn't meant to hurt, just to make you pause for a moment and think "what's that clot done here?". Now I've seen the cropped version. I prefer it too.

The first one had me creaking my neck and I wasn't sure what it was about, until I read all the posts. Now I have read all the way through, I too find the reflections alone is a stunning image.

Well done for the original concept. that's what a lot of this is about....pushing the boundaries.

Thanks. You did well to read all the way through. Some people go straight from the image to make their comment without reading the interchange. Good in both methods. The reflections is now my favourite - I'd consider putting it on a wall, and I don't often think that of my work. I do hope that I have made a slight dent in a boundary.

Rh

I think the last one is the best of the group I really like the reflections..

Nigel

Thanks, Nigel. I'm with you. I liked the trick but that is what it was. The last one is an image.

Hi Russell I think your reflection on the canal looks great. when you said to me yesterday what you wanted to do I didn't quite understand what you meant. know looking at your pic I do and the reflection and colours are spot on fantastic shot.(y)

Thanks John. It doesn't happen too often to me that I can see something and know instantly what I want to do with it. Yesterday was one of those rare moments. What I failed to explain to you did work, but not as well as the last one which others had to point out to me. That is one of the strengths of this forum, other people are willing to help and improve your work.

Me too Russ, don't like the first, but the crop is fab. :nuts: (y)

Thanks, I still like the first. Just not as much as the crop. Going off topic, how's the fox cubs?

Thanks, I do like it this way up - just not quite as much. My intent was the upside down shot, so I've sold myself on that version. I used to live in Leeds, not too far to Kirkstall Road. The Original Oak used to be our local of choice.

Skyrack was ours (the rugby pub) and I worked in the Taps for a while. Used to drink in the Haddon as well as I lived in Haddon Avenue for a bit.

Skyrack was ours (the rugby pub) and I worked in the Taps for a while. Used to drink in the Haddon as well as I lived in Haddon Avenue for a bit.

Spent the odd hour in there too. We had friends at the university, so the oak was a more likely meeting place.

(y) I like the upside-down crop. Really good reflections.

Maybe just tweak the exposure and saturate a bit to give it a tad more zing!

It is interesting how the reflections look more spooky when they are upside down. It looks so dreamy, and almost Munch like (distortions).
Matthew

Super shots but the cropped one without the boats is really something special I think.

Thanks, I am considering printing it to as big a size as the image will allow.

(y) I like the upside-down crop. Really good reflections.

Maybe just tweak the exposure and saturate a bit to give it a tad more zing!

Thanks, I'll try that on the original and see what I get.

It is interesting how the reflections look more spooky when they are upside down. It looks so dreamy, and almost Munch like (distortions).
Matthew

Thanks, at one time I was using effects to imitate painters. I am much happier that the image can do the imitation without the effect.

Back